Hello and welcome! I’m Afnan Tolah (pronounced Af-naan) from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and currently living in Raleigh, North Carolina. I grew up in an Arabic-speaking household, and I will be glad to provide Arabic lessons or be a conversation partner for anyone learning the language!
I just graduated with a Bachelor’s in psychology and I am joining TalkTimers to provide an ear for anyone in need of one. Having moved to the US at 18, I have had my share of feelings of isolation, or like I am out of place in comparison to those around me. If these feelings sound familiar to you, know you are not alone. Especially during this pandemic, I know many of these feelings have been amplified.
I think the world today can feel quite lonely, and I truly believe that we as people have more in common than we think. I am on a mission to find these commonalities and provide a safe space, where we can just be two people with a common interest.
As you join my sessions, I guarantee that you will at least have a friend in me. I also have a cat (Effy) who will occasionally stop by for a greeting, or remind me that she is starving :)!
Here’s how it works:
- Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
- If you would like us to do activities during a session, like coloring or knitting I would be open to that. If you have something else in my mind please do share it with me, I love trying new things!
- Please give me up to 3 business days to respond to your question.
- Price: $20 / hour
- Location: Zoom or Facetime
- Zelle, Venmo
How to buy
- Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 3 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.