Yoga for Everyone

Hi! I’m Luis from Spain, currently in Toronto (Canada). I am a Hatha Yoga, Hatha-Vinyasa Yoga teacher with more than 10 years of practice and I am specialized in Gentle Yoga. I also practice Vipassana Meditation daily so I am happy to exchange experiences and talk about these practices.

Some of the benefits of yoga are to gain flexibility and work the capabilities of breathing, concentration, balance, endurance, muscle and vital strength as well as to strengthen the nervous and immune system.

I can also teach, Spanish (my mother tongue) and Portuguese, as I have lived, studied and worked in Lisbon for the past 5 years. These classes would be more at conversation level as I am not an accredited teacher as I am in Yoga, but I love languages too.

My Instagram is https://www.instagram.com/luisito_odriozola/

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

Ask me your question about your Yoga practice or anything related to it in the comments and I will look at it and come back to you with the best help or advice I can offer and we can start a conversation… If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.

If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.

Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

In my words

My teaching style

I adapt to the student’s experience. I like to respect the rhythms that each body and moment ask for. I consider this to be the most important and special thing about yoga.

When we start to practice it is out of a curiosity or need that over time calls us back. Therefore it is important for me to listen to what the student feels, needs, worries, etc, and together create the practice that best suits their moment.

But I do not forget to propose challenges so that the student progresses in its practice and feels the evolution, something that is very satisfying, healing and liberating.

Work with the needs of the present moment but without forgetting to challenge laziness and fear.

Instead of talking about “level” I prefer to talk about “practice and dedication”, and this varies a lot with time and the moment we find ourselves. That is why I carry out a first session, very important, to know what the student expects from the practice, what are their needs, objectives, concerns, goals. Where would they like to go and how? And from there, and with absolute respect for the body and the state in which it is, we will design an appropriate practice.

This can be more focused on fitness, maintenance or reconstitution. Or it can be aimed at meditation and calm the mind. But it can also be towards the learning of Yoga as a whole, as a union of all these dimensions.

One general purpose of those classes is education, not on the superficial level of mimicking form, but on a profoundly deep level of understanding the full use of the body as an integral whole to maximize full function of each individuals unique movement potencial.

What can you expect from my lessons?

Because the classes are online, you will have to find yourself in your silence and I will be there to guide you from start to end.

It will be up to you to create the environment you want. You can choose to work in silence or with a music of your choice. If you choose to do it with music, it is always advisable to work with calm sounds that relax you.

As with a warm, dim light if you do it at home. And you can also use relaxing aromas, but preferably without smoke as we will work with deep breaths. That is why it is more advisable to use water diffusers and not incense.

Why I’m passionate about this?

My passion for yoga emerged many years ago during my studies and was reinforced as a complement to my dance practice. Over time it became very important due to having found in it a sustenance and an enormous help that would accompany me in my healing process after an injury caused by dance and a difficult personal and emotional moment.

With Yoga I have experienced moments of great happiness, relaxation and hope, without forgetting that there is also an element of commitment and effort, since progress requires work.

It is true that with Yoga we find these immediate results, but continuity in practice is the key, it is what makes these results more and more profound and extend to all dimensions of life.

That is why my relationship with yoga is one of great respect, trust and love, and I believe this position makes the motivation to want to share it and teach it very powerful and valuable.

Services

Private 1-on-1 lessons

• Price: $25 / hour

Packages

• Price: $115 -> 5 classes

• or $200 -> 10 classes

Small Group

• Team size (up to 5)

• Price: $240 per student

• Length: 4-weeks

• Meeting: 3 times per week

• Session length: 1 hour 45 minutes (with flexibility according to your need and availability)

• Start date: to confirm

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Bank Transfer, other methods also possible.

How to buy

Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

What else I can do?

I can also teach, Spanish (my mother tongue) and Portuguese, as I have lived, studied and worked in Lisbon for the past 5 years. These classes would be more at conversation level as I am not an accredited teacher as I am in Yoga, but I love languages too.

If interested, please send me a private message and we can talk about it!

Interview with Talktime

Talktime: It’s good to have you. Thanks for taking the time to do this with us. Feel free to write how you talk. The best interviews show instead of tell. Do you have photos, videos, or work samples? Include these in your response if possible. Bottom line: Show yourself in action.

What can you talk about for hours?

Nature, Wellness, Meditation, Trips, Shamanism, Nutrition, Animals, Dance, but also silly and funny things.

What’s your favorite smell?

Jasmine and Bergamot

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

The moment I started to care and love myself.