Yoga Classes for All - From a Registered Yoga Teacher!

Hi! I’m Monisha. I am and currently living in Toronto, Canada. I help people by sharing my passion for yoga and meditation. Based on your goals, preferences, and experiences, I can design and lead you through a yoga class tailored directly at your needs.

Yoga is something many associate with self-care and relaxation. In fact, yoga is one of my favourite things to do to relax and look after myself. But I also believe yoga can be used for more than that - it can be used to wake you up, improve productivity, learn new skills, improve stamina, work on flexibility, rejuvenate mid-day or even as an intense workout! I use yoga for all of these things, just I use different flows/sequences depending on what exactly I am looking for. I think that is the best part of yoga - it can be tailored to exactly what you need at a specific time.

A bit more about me: I am a 20-something young professional based on Toronto, Canada. My interest for yoga began a few years ago when I began law school - I thank the practice of yoga for getting me through to my law school (virtual) graduation in the Spring of 2020. Yoga changed me and my life. It has, and is, teaching me valuable life skills that I incorporate in my daily life. I am also a Certified Yoga Teacher and I am Registered on Yoga Alliance’s International Directory of Teachers. Asides from yoga, I am an art history fanatic, avid hiker, excited runner and a green tea addict!

Here’s how it works:

1. Connect with me! We will discuss what you are looking for. An intense workout? If so, are you looking to focus on cardio or strength? Are you looking to be more mindful? To be relaxed and rejuvenated? To develop a skill, such as flexibility or backbends? To try something new, like yoga?

2. I’ll ask you questions to design your class. What type of yoga are you looking to do? Are you looking for a flowing “vinyasa” sequence, a deep-stretch based “yin” class, relaxing “restorative” or accessible/desk-friendly “chair” yoga? How much meditation would you like incorporated - none, small amount or a lot?

3. We will talk about your preferences! Preferences may include: slow-pace vs. fast-paced, flexibility, no forward folds (i.e. you have lower back pain), backbends, use of props, stretching, meditation, themes etc. Are there any poses you want to avoid? Are there any poses you want to work on? If you are new to yoga, do you want to become familiar with the basic poses?

4. We will decide a time and logistics for the class. You can decide how long a class you are looking for - 30 - 90 min is the length of the average class, however the exact length is up to you. We can also discuss which medium (Zoom, Facetime etc) to conduct the class over.

5. I’ll take some time and create a class for you - the sequence, the poses, the music, and more will all be tailored to you.

6. We have the class! You can let me know at this time if you would like to meet again as well as what you liked/disliked.

Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful. Please give me up to 3 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $30/ hour

Packages

• Price: $100/ month for weekly classes. Price is tailored depending on number of classes per week.

Small Group

• Team size (up to 5)
  • Price: $20 per student
  • Length: 4-weeks
  • Session length: Up to you!

Payments accepted

• Email transfer*

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.
3 Likes

Hi Monisha!

Congrats on graduating from law school in 2020! Did you complete your yoga teacher training in the same year? That must be quite a feat!
How did that go for you?

I manage the Art of Teaching Yoga, a free resource group supporting Yoga teachers on sequencing, training and finding clients that might be useful for you!

I’m a green tea addict as well - happy to connect with you here!