What is your favorite hot beverage?

Come this time of year it seems I am always with a mug of something hot. Hot tea, hot Cocoa, hot coffee, Hot chocolate, hot cider, I love them All. I’ve even gotten into heating up some milk laced with cinnamon and nutmeg.

I’ve been hearing about this new trend of drinking brew made from roasted cacao beans, Haven’t tried it yet but I am curious what it tastes like so if there’s anyone here that can give me their opinion I’d appreciate it. Or if there is any other hot beverage you think I ought to try.

Tell me what’s your favorite hot beverage?

The land of sweets from the story in The Nutcracker ballet also contains hot beverages. Spanish hot chocolate, Arabian coffee, and Chinese tea each have their own dance. Check them out and tell me which dance is your favorite too!

Here is Arabian coffee:

Here is Spanish hot chocolate:

And Chinese Tea:

1 Like

Hi there, I’ve tried hot cocoa on a retreat. It is supposed to be great for calming you and enhance your meditation. It tasted okish…very filling. Try it!:grin:

1 Like

Pete, thanks for responding. Do you mean hot cocoa or hot cacao? They’re two different things!

Cocoa, which I have just read that you have already tried. Not sure about cacao.

Yeah I drink regular old hot cocoa all the time. I just keep seeing a Facebook ad for this brand of roasted cacao called Crio Bru, which is how I first heard of it. You make in a coffee pot or French press.

1 Like

When you are referring to cocao, are you referring to the seed of the fruit that is popular in the philippines? I lived there for two years and they have this delicious fruit, and they make hot chocolate from the seeds, the fruit itself is called cacao.

1 Like

The confusion is because there is something called cocoa powder, which can be used to make hot cocoa by simply stirring in hot milk or water, and it can be used for making other chocolate desserts. But thats different from roasted cacao. I found an online article about it that explains it.

2 Likes

I love your post and topic, so nice to interact in this manner for describing’s.

I love hot chocolate with coconut milk I usually press the cocoa (nibs) then melt some with a chocolate choice adding coconut oil and honey. I use also mint leaves or chili pepper depending on ceremonial uses I can do lavender as well. At this time I make Golden milk hot cocoa with Turmeric and soy milk cinnamon and cloves :slight_smile: I really like all the videos, the first one the most because I always dreamed of finding a mate-marry to dance as a partner with me especially in this way.

Have you ever seen this? It is something I would love to get involved with as I wanted a confectioner boutique and making chocolate treats is my favorite, so I wanted to become a ceremonial chocolate host :slight_smile:

No, I haven’t heard of that but it sounds really cool! If only we could host parties right now… :pensive: something to keep in mind for the future. :blush:

1 Like

Ahh thank you for the explanation. I did some research of my own and it does stem from the fruit cacao as well. If you ever get the opportunity to taste the fruit I highly recommend it!

2 Likes

BTW, I’d love to get your recipe for hot chocolate, it sounds fantastic!

1 Like

@Val1414 this is the thread I was talking about

2 Likes

Cool! wow, all these hot drinks sound delicious! Thanks for sharing. This is a good thread. .

2 Likes

Well, I simply add a cup of coconut milk to a half cup of hot water b/c I don’t like to cook the chocolate or the milk. I boil the water first and stir the chocolate in quickly to melt it after cool with the coconut milk. I like the nutrients in the cocoa to stay intact and the flavor. The coconut oil is bout half a teaspoon and then if I use fresh mint or dried depends on if I let it steep before adding it in. I also do pretty much the same style with the cinnamon and the other ingredients, one stick and so pinch of chili pepper. Honey, I add when it is cooled off some, or melt the sugar in the boiling water. This is of course if I have the time to do so on the stove but the best option is a hot chocolate maker like n a bistro of course :slight_smile: I also love pumpkin-flavored coffee and cocoa at this time.

Thank you for asking

1 Like

Sounds absolutely amazing. I will have to try it!

1 Like

Yeas… if you take a moment please to let me know what your thoughts are? I would like to know how others feel about cocoa n coconut/oil, it is so good for antioxidants and health.