What are some tips I need to know for Life?

Dear Souls,

I’m working on expanding my awareness. I would like it if you could drop some advice below.

Because I’ve learned, One’s own words hold great power and with some attention to thinking, much can be gain from a piece of advice including the one that gives it.

Though this post might only connect to one person out there I will still write it.

Here’s a piece to consider,

There once was a baby elephant and guardian elephant. The baby elephant would hold onto the guardian elephant’s tail as they walked so they would not get lost. One day when the baby grew into a young adult, the guardian elephant gets up swiftly and says, “we must leave”. The two elephants make their way into a forest. At some point, the guardian elephant says “I’m going ahead”. After walking a bit, the young adult elephant says, “I can’t see where we are going?” "The guardian elephant says “Please be patient, remember to Rest and Keep Moving Forward”. The two elephants keep walking. At some point, the now-adult elephant notices that the guardian elephant isn’t walking in front. Even though the path was unclear and the path looks a bit different now, the adult elephant doesn’t turn around but looks forward and keeps walking. Finally, the Adult elephant comes out of the other side of the forest. There is a pond nearby. The Adult elephant sees the Guardian Elephant and walks over. The Guardian Elephant says, “See you found your way, you’ve come so far, you just needed to keep moving forward”

I hope you gained some insight into your thoughts after reading this post.

I hope to hear your replies and advice.

Love,
TheLIghtsGuide1234

P.S.
Because learning Can be Continuous,
As you learn more about life, you can come back to this thread and add some more wisdom :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It comes down to two basic rules:

1. Works well with others
  2. Keeps hands to self

oh!
keep the curiosity of a child

1 Like

@lcobb2
Dear Lcobb2,

Thank you for your wisdom :slight_smile:

Love,
TheLightsGuide1234

Do you know the Rocky quote:
"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that! I’m always gonna love you, no matter what. No matter what happens. You’re my son and you’re my blood. You’re the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, you ain’t gonna have a life.”

1 Like

Don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself.

This used to be really difficult for me because I was terrified of seeming like a burden or like I wasn’t capable of taking care of myself. Then I thought about how I feel when others ask me for help. I feel appreciated, respected, and trusted, because I know that it takes a lot of vulnerability and courage to ask for help, and I feel honored to be someone people can turn to. When I started to think about it in this way, it became easier to listen to myself when I realized I needed help.

1 Like

Dear Lcobb2
:open_mouth:
That makes sense.
Every day there is more than one world we are taking part in. One, the outside world, and 2 the inner world.

As Eleanor Roosevelt states,
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
If someone does something intentionally to get on your nerves, it’s one’s right to point it out, if you can’t get support. If you won’t well, instead of just fighting the outside world, you will also be fighting the inner world. Hopefully sometime soon one can stand up for their inner and outer world they engage with.

You are very wise. As someoneone said “Watch your thoughts. They become words. Watch your words. They become deeds. Watch your deeds. They become habits. Watch your habits. They become character. Character is everything”

What we are talking about is the full iceberg. That can float with support.

Thank you for the quote.

Love,
TheLightsGuide1234

Dear Cgardin2,

Thank You for sharing your experience with me. I’ve noticed that sometimes I need to look at others for noticing when people normally ask for support. What one normally doesn’t do can be learned. I’ve learned this both ways, in good and bad habits. I will keep your words in mind and keep growing and try and learn from both mine and other people’s experiences and wisdom.

Love,
TheLightsGuide1234

I would say trying to keep yourself occupy is important for life, you don’t want to keep yourself on idle too much. that is never a good thing, and believing in yourself is another important thing.

1 Like

Dear Mshienie,

I see, there are definitely many different aspects one can grow in life for example,-> spiritual, mental, emotional, physical, social and probably more I haven’t discovered.

I have also come across times when I have be trying too hard and have too many focuses or just haven’t been giving myself a break.
The society always has been proactive and sometimes can be counter-intuitive when trying to grow the spiritual side.(relaxing to grow/the same when working out physically).

For many years people walk the path of burnout and people pleaser until some find that if they don’t start working on themselves, their efforts will never be enough.

I will continue my growth with you wisdom.

Love,
TheLightsGuide1234

I could give many answers to this, but one fundamental thing that I would advocate to anyone is this:

Take care of yourself.

I don’t just mean keep good hygiene and eat nutritious food. You are in your own care, and you need your own support and attention. Pay attention to yourself; allow yourself to say what you need to say, and then honor it. Have compassion on yourself–both the gentle, nurturing kind of compassion, and the tough-love kind that can be painful but freeing. Seek to understand what your needs are, and then give yourself those things insofar as you are able, even if that means seizing opportunities to fill that need through other people as well.

Each person has an inescapable need and responsibility to care for themselves like someone they love, so don’t just love yourself–act like you love yourself, too.

Another thing I would give as an answer is something that also reveals the reason why we are able to take care of ourselves in the way I mentioned above:

Know that you are not just a single being. You are not only a monolithic entity; you have much more complexity and more layers than just that. Know that you are an entire nation of microscopic life forms interconnected to form what we call a person. Not only on the physical level, either: You are also an economy of ideas, thoughts, needs, and behaviors. On the physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual levels, you are a grand multiplicity. There is no real center of your being. There is no “core self”. You are who you are only because of the connections between your parts. If this were not so, then people could not have conflicting feelings, or struggle against themselves.

There are so many different aspects of ourselves, oftentimes competing for limited brain power, emotional energy, or physical resources. Because of this, bringing each distinct part of ourselves into harmony with the rest is one of the ultimate ongoing tasks of human existence.

Dear SnappyFellow,

Over time, I have pondered why people were being so self-centered and in other time giving to much. I’ve learned over even more time that there are both basic internal and external needs that need to be meet in order to start a growth personality mindset. While people who grew up with a childhood full of support, healthy love and attachment, these individuals will start growing.

However, as I mention before, you wonder how someone self-centered comes along. Then you hear about how their parents never paid any attention to them and how they always had to do and solve everything themselves. Thereby trying to fill the needs that they need for themselves without much of the external that is needed for building basic foundations. Then you meet those people who have a parent that works over time and the parent has other kids. That child learns how to care for others and put their needs before their own.

As people learn and grow, one needs to create a solid of oneself and one’s role and feeling of support before growing/going outwards on a journey.(or dark night of soul happens and they notice what they need and want isn’t around them).

You have good insight, I will take into account what you said.

Love,
TheLightsGuide1234

Dear SnappyFellow part 2

We are mostly made of air and water. Yes the human cellular structure can hold memory. In addition, negative cellular memory can create ptsd consciously and unconsciously.

Also the soul holds onto memories. As you go through life you will feel guide to some and repelled to others. This can be due to some memories that you don’t have conscious memories of.

While it would be important to grow within oneself, afterwards, people will start to go on the journey to find what ones role on in a society. As one pulls apart their perceptions as they go out into the world, they start to find the difference between personality, behavior and true self that disappears when on truly finds it. Because one’s true self isn’t a limit, it’s a feeling of not caring and believing in oneself.

You bring up many good points.

I hope we learn more and empower ourselves more.

Love,
TheLightsGuides1234

I wonder if you’ve done some past information seeking and analysis. You’ve definitely have a strong mind for it.

Loved this, fantastic and so accurate in these current times. We must keep moving forward regardless of fear and our past mistakes, forward is the only way.

1 Like

Dear Toni,

I agree. While we can go forward, stay stagnant or stay in the past, it is all a choice. Not an easy choice, but Once we decide to go forward we can gather resources and support to grow and make the life we want.

Love,
TheLightsGuide1234

Love this story! Thanks for sharing :+1:

1 Like

Dear LiveYourBestlife,

I really appreciate your love and appreciation for our sharing and my story.

Love,
TheLightsGuide1234

1 Like

Ask yourself these guiding questions:

What do you want?
Do you believe it’s possible?
Are you willing to do what it takes?
Are you willing to accept something better?
Can you still be happy if you don’t it?

A formula for success:
See Your Target
Keep it in your Sights
Keep going until you Hit it

Coach Reins

1 Like

Dear coachrein,

Thank you for your insight.

In life I’ve found that sometimes one’s own experiences can be the best guides. It’s when one limits their advice to only one role model or guide that one’s potential is limited. Because not everything works as effectively or easy for everyone. Just because something worked for someone else doesn’t mean you have to limit yourself to that technique. This world is here so we can try as many things and possible, it’s ok to be picky on what has potential for you and your growth.

Post-its came from someone’s else’s beginning and turned into an idea when someone started working on it and tweaking it.

As you said. Set a target and keep finding what works for you and go forward.

Love,
TheLightsGuide1234