What advice would you give your younger self?

Hello everyone!

I am curious to know what you would tell your past self. Is there something you wish you knew growing up that you know now?

Do you have any life advice you swear by and believe will help others lead a happier and more successful life?

I want to start this thread to see if it can help others that come across it and create a safe space for people to share their advice.

Thank you so much for reading and helping out in advance. :blush:

1 Like

You don’t need to find someone to do the things with you that you really really want to do. Just do them. Don’t let yourself miss out on things you want because maybe your boyfriend or girlfriend isn’t interested in that trip you want to take. Just go alone. Or if there’s a class you want to take or some adventure you’re into and everyone you can think of that might want to do it says, no I’ve done that already or some other “no” response…do it anyway. You’ll meet people there and still enjoy it. If you don’t you’ll be angry and resent the people who “made you miss out” including yourself! If you do it you’ll have fun, maybe face a fear and discover you’re more of a badass than you thought!
Also instead of asking ahead, just let people know: I’m doing this on such and such date–who’s with me?

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing that! I think that is wonderful advice :blush:
I completely agree with you. Everyone should follow their hearts and their interests and not let others dictate what they do - follow your passions and live your life!

1 Like

What a great post idea!!

Some things I would love to tell my younger self.:
Love yourself FIRST!
Once you have that down, spread that love, especially to others who need it. Be a giver, be a helper, be of service to something outside of yourself.
You are worthy.
Follow your feelings! If it brings you joy, do more of that thing. If it doesn’t, stop doing it!
Follow your heart, not the money.
Don’t follow the status quo. There are plenty of people out there only doing what other people are doing. Luckily, we’ve graduated from the caveman era, so we don’t need to look so intently on what others are doing in order to survive. Be you, because someone else is already taken! Trying to be them will only bring you suffering.
By being fully and authentically who you are, you set the example and give others the courage to be themselves too.
You don’t need to be right to be worthy. You have your truth and other people have their truth. It’s okay if those truths aren’t the same.
Everyone is equal. You are not more or less than anyone else.
Love and compassion will always serve you better than fear and hatred.
Remember how amazing you are, every single day. Make a practice of it.
Start meditating. NOW.
Invest in something.

This was fun!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love this, such great advice!!

1 Like

Wow, amazing! Thank you so much for sharing all of that wonderful advice - that is exactly why I started this post, to hear from people like you! :blush:
So glad you found the value in sharing this as well!

2 Likes