Um, eh, hmm, like, y'know, uh...is your English language conversation filled with filler words?

Hi! My name is Julie Thompson. I’m a language tutor, and my working languages are U.S. English, Latin American Spanish and Ecuadorian Quichua.

Ask me about how to avoid English filler words, or about how to improve your Spanish pronunciation.

Hi! I’m Julie, and I live in New York City. I’m a language tutor, and my working languages are U.S. English, Latin American Spanish and Ecuadorian Quichua. But, I’m also a professional transcriber. In my work, I hear filler words all the time. If you have an English speech, podcast or discourse to deliver in public, are you nervous about adding a bunch of filler words that will distract people from your message? If your second language is Spanish, do you need a bit of help with certain Spanish letters of the alphabet? WelI, I’m here to help you to speak English or Spanish with more content, and less distraction!

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/esentranslation

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • Send me a 30-second audio of your normal conversation, either in English or Spanish, and I’ll work with you to improve your speech. If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $40 / hour

Packages

• Price: $300 / 10 hours monthly

Small Spanish Language Learning Group for Beginners

• Team size (2 - 6 students)
  • Price: $1100 per student
  • Length: 13 weeks
  • Meeting: 3 time(s) per week
  • Session length: 1 hours
  • Start date: TBD

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Venmo, Veem, Square Invoices

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

What’s a fun fact about you?

*I LOVE to teach, and I LOVE to learn. Being a teacher lets me do both. *

What can you talk about for hours?

“The joy of learning.”

What’s your favorite smell?

Just one of my favorites, but I love to smell fried chicken!

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

When I write to people in distress.

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

I don’t want any of 'em; don’t need 'em…

What is the most normal thing about you?

I enjoy helping others.

What do you hate?

Lack of love shown

Anything else that you’d like to share?

I’m looking forward to helping someone to get his/her message across in a way that is easier for their listeners to hear.

In my words

Or, rather in my teaching style! Here are a couple of videos that you can check out to see if my teaching style suits you:

Spanish Every Other Day, for those who would like to learn Spanish, but not EVERY day:

Spanish Every Other Day. The letter “A”…think “Dentist”!

Tu Té Inglés, para los que quieren mejorar sus habilidades en inglés:

[Tu Té Inglés - The English Alphabet, all of it!] (https://youtu.be/Ro_o__qiP3I)

My teaching style

I always ask my students how they learn, and then I adapt my teaching style to their learning style. And, I always ask what hobbies they have, so that I can use those topics in our coursework.

What can you expect from my lessons?

If you ask, I shall answer. If I don’t know the answer, I’ll find it out.

Why me?

Because I want you to be happy with your command of the English and Spanish languages. Let’s command them together!

Why I’m passionate about this?

I’ve helped people from different countries, different ages, different educational levels, and different cultures to learn English, Spanish and Ecuadorian Quichua. Once you learn another language, and you start speaking it with others, your horizons will broaden and your view of the world becomes more real.

What else I can do?

Just drop me a line, and let’s get started!

1 Like

Hey I really Appreciate you efforts as a teacher. would you be interested if i can assist you with finding students, or may be monetise your time while teaching? i am freelance graphic designer with 9 year experience and am working on a personal project to find ways to monetise skills and time/activity. if thats interest to you i would love to chat with you. and hopefully show the potential of networking while monetising your time and skills. thanks

Good evening, Mr. Hakim,

Thank you for your message. However, I’m just going to concentrate on this particular project right now.

I wish you much success.

Julie Thompson

ESEN Translation Services

www.esentranslation.com

seod@esentranslation.com

Phone: +1-718-759-8155

Facebook: seod30