Turn Your Life Upside Down | Master a new language

Ask me anything

Hey there. My name is Liam. I was born and raised in Nottingham, England (you’ve probably heard of that little guy called Robin Hood)- I grew up surrounded by trees. Growing up in England, nobody really cared much about languages. We didn’t focus much on it in school.

I never thought I’d be able to learn a foreign language. But around ten years ago I discovered my favourite band (Mew) were Danes and this sparked something in me. I began to learn Danish. I watched so many movies and TV-shows, I read a lot and I became obsessed. I progressed quickly.

I could sense something was waiting for me in Denmark. At this time I was going from job to job with no real focus in my life. I was smoking a lot of marijuana and failing in relationships. Moving to Denmark changed my life.

I got focused. Soon enough people started to ask me how I had got so good at the language. That’s when I decided to make something of the skill I had aquired.

Since this I have become a full-time teacher of Danish, I’ve helped build one of the most succesful YouTube channels for Danish learners, and I have built a brand around my teaching. I have written books for beginners, created countless hours of video and audio material as well as a subscription service.

The questions I get asked the most are:
How? How did you do it?
How does one become fluent?
How do you overcome barriers?
What practical things can I do?
How did you build a business?

For me, learning a new language and moving to a new country was much more than just learning skills and taking chances. It was about turning my life around, and about challenging and believing in myself when no-one else did.

This is something I continue to do to this day. Language is what sparked my journey, but my experience of love, pain, relationships, loss and failure continue to motivate me.

I am also a musician, songwriter, poet, and general lover of the creative arts. I play various instruments and got my first guitar when I was 12 years old. I am now very blessed to be able to share this skill with the world and currently teach guitar to children on a part time basis. You can hear some of my music below.

www.tasteofdanish.com | www.instagram.com/liam_jon_forkbeard | https://www.linkedin.com/in/liam-jon-pilmore-6b3063b6/ | https://www.facebook.com/tasteofdanish

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

General Coaching
Practical solutions for increased language learning
Advice in regards to becoming fluent in a new language
General advice for overcoming challenges in life
How to move in new directions

• Price: $20 per hour

Packages

• Price:
    4 x 60 minutes - $68
    8 x 60 minutes - $115

Danish Language Lessons

• Price: $30 per hour

Packages
4 x 60 minutes - $100
8 x 60 minutes - $170
16 x 60 minutes - $289 (2 sessions per week)

English Language Lessons

Packages
4 x 60 minutes - $68
8 x 60 minutes - $115
16 x 60 minutes - $195 (2 sessions per week)

Guitar Tuition
Guitar lessons for beginners
Song-based lessons
Practical, no-nonsense approach

4 x 60 minutes - $68
    8 x 60 minutes - $115
    16 x 60 minutes - $195 (2 sessions per week)

Payments accepted

• PayPal, TransferWise, Bank Transfer, Credit Card Payment

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

What’s a fun fact about you?

I have a son who lives in Argentina :slight_smile: I am currently learning Argentine Spanish.

What can you talk about for hours?

Creativity, music, love and relationships.

What’s your favorite smell?

Freshly baked bread

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

My son

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

Telepathy

What is the most normal thing about you?

I eat oatmeal every day with a coffee, then proceed to the bathroom.

What do you hate?

Ideally, I’d like not to hate anything, but if I have to choose something I’d say I hate opening an avocado to find it is black inside. That really grinds my gears!

Decorating for Christmas

Rapping in Danish

Taking a walk

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeixQkQS_08](https://Making a smoothie)

20 Danish Adjectives

Some music by me

My teaching style

I’ve become known for my down-to-earth and fun teaching style. My lessons are not like those you find in a traditional language school, and often include a few curse words.

What can you expect from my lessons?

A human connection, relaxed atmosphere and encouragment that will motivate you to reach your goals.

Why me?

Why not me?

Why I’m passionate about this?

I am always trying to improve my own mental health, learn new skills and become a better version of myself. If I can do that along side other people, why wouldn’t I? I need you guys as much as you need me :slight_smile:

What else I can do?

I can cook a mean vegan lasagne.