Triathlon Coaching — ladies 30+, complete your first triathlon

Oh, Happy Day!
I am Coach Meg. I currently reside in Houston, Tx, grew up in Central New Jersey, and have lived in a various cities throughout the United States. You will find me on my off-days either curled up with a novel, or with my toes in the surf, shelling along the way. I know at some point I will get a call — xxxxx called, they want their beach back.

I help women find their fierceness through triathlon. Whether you are 5 or 95, training for a 5K, an open-water swim, or an iron, I guide you to the finish line. It is at the finish line, we can celebrate all the triumphs that brought you there.

I founded the OtterTriTeam in 2017 to reach more ‘girls’. Girls who love to play, and enjoy competing. The women’s team, the PinkOtters, is an extension of this vision. It is my goal to create and develop the community as we train and compete. Women supporting other women.

I chose Otters as the team mascot, because they are playful bunch. They are also fierce and their tribe or group is known as family.

You may be thinking this is great, but why? And I say why not? A great quote that I live by is: When I look back at my life, I only want to regret the things I did, not the things I did not do. —Lucille Ball.
So, why not triathlon? This is an opportunity for you to find the courage and tenacity to conquer three sports, and do something unique. Triathlon is a tremendous community, and we need more women like you — willing to try and do new things, in the sport.

You can find me:

MSJ Athletics and MSJ 4 Her

IG: @coachbatmeg

LinkedIn: Meg Stolt

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $200/month (3month-commitment), with a set-up fee of $125
    Included: Weekly TrainingPlan delivered via TrainingTilt or excel, weekly 75minute check-ins, and team-discounts or swag.

Packages

• Price: $ 375-450/ month (semi-private or small group of 3, coaching, with a 3month commitment) with an initial fee $125 per person set up fee.
    Includes individualized/group program delivered via TrainingTilt or excel, race nutrition, 75minute weekly checkin, team discounts and race swag from sponsors.

Small Group

• Team size (up to 5)
  • Price: $600 per student
  • Length: 8-weeks
  • Meeting: 1 time(s) per week
  • Session length: 1.5 hours
  • Start date: New groups start monthly

I also provide live or face to face training for local participants. These include swim coaching, bike and run clinics, and team practices. Regardless of where you are located, I want you to feel welcome.

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Venmo , Zelle, Stripe Payments
    Payment plans available.

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

I recently had a conversation about triathlon, wellness and life with My friend Ansley.

What’s a fun fact about you?
I have been an active duty-lifeguard for close to 40years. When I say it like that, I feel old. But I have grown to love the water. And have gotten to do some cool stuff along the way, like jump out of a helicopter, climb from a boat to a pier, and work various open-water events.

What can you talk about for hours?

Me! I love sharing my adventure. I know it may sound selfish, but when I share I hope to inspire, teach, help, empower and understand. What’s your story? I would love to learn more about yours.

I also love to talk about training and racing. It is what makes me tick. And by sharing and listening I often learn more to help others on their path. I love watching the party as people cross the finish line.

What’s your favorite smell?
I only have to choose one??

I would dare say, it is the smell of salt air. It is cleansing, and it is calming to me. I love the ocean.

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?
My ability to adapt. I have been transplanted and catapulted all over the world. Some, like my trip to Houston was not foreseen (I was originally headed to the OBX— OuterBanks of North Carolina). Through all of the various hurdles, stepping stones and forks in the road, I am able to flourish.
I am also proud of the accomplishments of all of my athletes. Whether on or off the field, how I am able to guide the process. They not only become better at their sport, but also fine human beings.

What’s one super power you would NOT want?
I would make a bad SuperHero. I would finally sit down with my feet up at the end of the day, and be like, REALLY?!? When the call comes in. Yeah, no thanks.
A colleague calls me Bat-Meg, because I told him that women need to learn to be their own white knights, because sometimes we need to be exactly that.
But I would least like to be a shape-shifter. I want to be who I am. I don’t want to play a smoke and mirrors game. Although, there are times I swear my Jeep has a stealth-mode.

What is the most normal thing about you?

Normal. I am not sure what that is. I have five felines — Leo, Aeries, Nanuk, Jasper and Sebastian. They keep it real. Food dish empty, I know about it. And regardless of how the day went, they still want their heads scratched.

What do you hate?*

Fake People.

Anything else that you’d like to share?

When the day is beginning or coming to an end, I enjoy reading. Each year, I strive to read 75-100 novels. There are some books I read every year, as they teach so much. The first time you read it, you glean from it. And let it marinate, and then when you read it again, you learn something different. Each read giving some different insight to the world in which we play.

In my words

My teaching style

I am old-school. I have and use a notebook :notebook: and I write out programs. I encourage my athletes/clients to also write :writing_hand: about training —what she did, what she felt, what she learned, what she overcame. Significant things to help in the training journey. It is after all a guided-journey about self.
As technology has pushed me to adapt, I use TrainingTilt platform to deliver programs (although I may still send an excel spreadsheet from time to time). I still encourage the use of pen and paper to write. There is stuff that happens in the brain when we write. That ‘stuff’ is impactful in how we learn.

Aside from that, I believe training sets us up for the next training day. I want you to work hard, but I also want you to feel good and ‘bouncy’ and ready for the next.
I am firm but flexible. And I hate yelling at people. Although, I can project my voice across a field or pool deck.
I am the cheerleader and conductor.
And I want you to succeed.

What can you expect from my lessons?

You receive a training plan. This is an adaptable plan to guide you to your first or next race. By adaptable, I mean that I provide options should you miss a training. I don’t want you to feel guilty or defeated because of circumstance.
During our weekly conversations, we will have a planned discussion on technical — food, bike fit, bike skills, running, or the like — and the opportunity to ASK all the questions.
It is my hope to generate discussion to provide opportunity for mentoring and learning from each other.

Why me?

I try to create the balance between technical and social.
We need the technical aspects of training and racing to be able to compete, but we need the social to be better people.
And honestly, I am the conductor. I provide the plan, it is your responsibility to execute it. I can help hold the flashlight so to speak to help guide you in your way, and I can help you make adaptations. But it is you who does the work.
And within our group, our community, we learn from each other.

Why I’m passionate about this?

I know you have that fierceness inside you wanting to show-off. But you don’t. Maybe you are afraid of finishing last, or maybe how you will see yourself in the swimsuit or shorts or tri kit, maybe it has been so long since you did something for yourself.
And yet, here you are… take a moment and find that part of you that wants to love to compete.
As women, we are afraid to show our competitive edge. Because of rules. Training and competing won’t take away from who you are, it will allow those wonderful things to shine.

What else I can do?

Honestly, it is endless.
I keep learning new things everyday. Recently, I took up paint-by-numbers, to help keep my mind active during this pandemic.

I love exploring this planet and learning.

Triathlon Coaching encompasses, well the sport of triathlon encompasses so much, so it is never dull. It allows me to be more creative in my coaching, teaching and racing.

I also have served a motivational speaker.

I look forward to chatting with you. Won’t you come join the conversation?