Sugar Plum Fairy

Since Nutcracker has been my theme for the month of December and today is the last day of the month (and year…and decade), I thought I would give you the pinnacle of the ballet, the prize role for the ballerina, the Sugar Plum Fairy.

Click the link below and be astounded at the balance and control of ballerina Lauren Cuthbertson as she performs The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. And if you don’t believe me now that ballet is harder than football then you should after watching this video.

Click on the link below that to see ballerina Marianela Nuñez (affectionately known as Nela in the ballet world) and her cavalier Vadim Muntagirov perform the Sugar Plum pas de deux and be swept away by the grace and beauty and seamless lifts accompanied by hauntingly beautiful music by Tchaikovsky (though your device unfortunately won’t do justice to the sound of a live orchestra). And Nela!!! How to describe her talents… I don’t think I can do her justice either just by telling you in words, but I’ll just say she is magical and exquisite and flawless. And let’s not forget Vadim, those lifts are incredible!

Happy New Year everyone! Stay healthy and safe :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like