Special Education Consultant Supporting Parents, Family and Caregivers

Hello! I am Mark and I am located in Long Island, NY.

What I offer:

If you are in need of advice or strategies to help your child I am here for you. If you are looking to find yourself while managing the demands of parenting, I am here to support you with a mindful approach to parenting. If you feel alone I am here to help you connect.

https://youtu.be/mrFEA1DlMxk

My service:

Private 1:1

• Price: $60/30 Minutes

Package:

• Price: $170 / 3 sessions

Group:

• Gathering size (up to 5)
  • Price: $900
  • Length: 4 weeks
  • Meeting: 1 Time
  • Session Length: 2 hours
  • Start Date: New Gatherings Begin Monthly
  • Payment: Venmo

About Me:

I have been teaching children and working with parents in the field of Special education, where I hold a Masters Degree, for over 32 years. I have 30 years of experience working in a school for Deaf and Special Needs children, ages 2-21. More recently I help parents to improve their management skills, fill their tool belts with behavior strategies, introduce conscious parenting and be an ear for them to unload the bad and celebrate the good. I have also written advice pieces for parents, with Family5.com and I have a website and blog (see below)

This calling has provided me with an increased depth of knowledge, compassion and understanding of the human spirit. It has helped me to see the world from a variety of perspectives, perhaps limited by ability, but never by desire. It has shown me the power of personal belief which enables one to face the toughest hills and will oneself over them.

I begin and end my sessions with you as the focus. A stronger you means a stronger child. “The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of a parent.” —Carl Jung. I believe this is a reminder for all of us in all of our relationships; none more important than the one between parent and child.

My Website/Blog:

Specialedrising.com
http://linkedin.com/in/mark-ingrassia-575a67155
Linkedin.com/in/mark-Ingrassia-04680a77

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comment.

How to buy:

Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Performing at a Fall Festival

What’s a fun fact about you?

My creative outlets are playing guitar/performing, painting and writing. I am a runner and a boxing-fitness enthusiast.

Part of a mural I created for a sensory space .

My outlets!

What can you talk about for hours?

Politics. Human growth.

What’s your favorite smell?

Watermelon

What is the most normal thing about you?

I have fears like everyone.

What do you hate?

Intolerance. Racism. Anti-Semitism. Prejudice. Violence.

Anything else that you’d like to share?

I am here to meet you as a person who has some tools to help.

My teaching style

Casual. Respectful. Friendly, Humorous. Human

What can you expect from my lessons?

Total attention. Considerate thought. Feedback. My structure is loose and based on your personal needs. Whether it is 1:1 or in a group, I find out your needs and outline a lesson plan based on them. Sessions can be designed around behavior management, social stories creation, scheduling, holding onto yourself as you cope with all the demands and more.

Why me?

The reason I would encourage you to hire me is because I am coming from a place of human compassion and I have a passion for helping others; especially parents. I have experience in many realms of the special education field and I hear your struggles. I presume nothing. I don’t judge. Working with me is like working with someone familiar, if you are open.

Early Intervention

Directing school play! Where the Wild Things Are” (location shooting)

Why am I passionate about this?

I have seen change. I have seen parents more relaxed because they can manage better. I love helping make this possible and I love seeing children succeed (whatever that means to each, individual one of them).

What is expected of you:

Follow through. Be on time. Mutual respect. Come open and prepared. Bring pen and paper.

2 Likes

Hello Mark, I wanted to say that I really appreciate the time and attention you have put into your page on Talktimers. I am a tutor who works with many students with special needs but I do not have any children of my own. Still, your message resonates with me. I hope I can connect with you futher. Would I be able to do an intial consult as well, even though I do not strictly fit your niche market? Sincerely, Lisa

Hello Lisa,

So nice to hear from you. Thank you for your interest and your kind words. I am certainly available to anyone who works with Special Needs children. And I would be happy to set up an initial consult with you.

Let me know what days and times are best for you and I will find get back to you with something that is workable for the both of us.

I look forward to meeting you:) Have a wonderful weekend!

Peace,
Mark

Hi Lisa,

I sent you a reply via Talktime. Let me know if you don’t receive it. I look forward to hearing from you.

Peace,
Mark