Songwriting and creative writing lessons

Price (USD): $25 for 45 minute session

My name is Kiara Brown and I am a singer, songwriter and audio engineer. Some of my music was featured on “The Voice” Tv show where I was a contestant and also “The Today Show” Where I won a songwriting contest and was mentored by Maren Morris.

Why I write: Growing up I struggled to connect with my peers. I battled depression and bullying, so I isolated myself and spent a lot of time in my room. Writing music seemed to be what comforted me and gave me a sense of peace and belonging. I started to share my music with people around me and I noticed how much joy original/honest words and melodies brought to people. I realized that this was my voice! This is how I am going to reach people! But still I felt something was missing. I wanted the kids who felt like me growing up to feel like they too had an opportunity to express themselves and find their voices too. I now teach inner city kids creative writing classes to help them find their voices in a world that tries to shut them down. My goal is to help people find their happiness and freedom of expression. I want to help YOU to express yourself.

We ALL have something to say. It may be a song, a poem or spoken word its just a matter of finding that initial push and that is why I am here!

Heres some pictures from my journey.

(The voice commercial)
70314979_10156903260634633_880831744402522112_n

(Choosing Gwen Stefani as my coach and talking to her about songwriting)

!

(Talking on a panel about the importance of songwriting and how music can change the world)

(On set of the today show singing original tunes)
53188077_10213258606174070_7534070311671562240_n

If you’re curious here is my “Voice”
audition

Heres my “Today show” Piece as well

2 Likes