Single parenting birth children & fostering

*Coach Shirley

Hi Everyone. My name is Shirley and I am from Manchester in England
Services I offer

Private 1-on-1

$25 / 45mins

How to buy

Ask questions in the comments. Direct message me if interested.

Fun fact about me

I love shoes, not just any shoes. They must have at least a 4 inch heel and be cute

About

I am a mother who raised my girls as a single parent and a foster parent for a child who had emotional & behavioral difficulties. I teach high school children aged 11-16 and I teach English on-line to Adults. I mentor & coach around family issues including debt and single parenting, raising teens etc.

Credentials

I have a BA degree & TEFL certificate
Skills

I am a skilled communicator, and development coach sharing my life experiences to help others

Who this is for

This is for single parents who need support, or new techniques for dealing with challenging or difficult behaviors.

What I will do
I will listen, be non-judgmental, offer advise and/or bespoke training. It really is up to you. I am here to help.

Expectations

You can expect me to be clear, offer practical solutions and techniques to put in your parenting kit back to make the experience more rewarding for both parent and child.

Why me

So I unexpectedly became a single parent when my husband of 13 years left. My girls were aged 10 and 8 at the time. Overnight we went from a comfortable working family to a struggling single parent family. I struggled with depression, debt, guilt, loneliness, time, work life balance and so many other issues. Later on I also became a Foster Parent to an 8 year old girl who had behavioral and emotional difficulties. I faced some very different challenges which really tested my resilience, patience and my confidence. I had to learn new skills, & techniques.

Now 10 years later I have successfully crossed to the other side. My birth daughters have both completed a first degree and are now both engaged in a Master’s program/ working as social workers. My Foster daughter against all the odds successfully finished school and is now doing well in further education studying childcare.

I now give my time to helping others to get through. I am part of the national Family and Counselling Ministry for my church, working with both two parent and single parent families covering the whole range of issues that affect modern families, from gang culture, to behavior management to domestic violence. I also offer time on a “Listening Ear” project, a web based platform where we offer non judgmental & supportive listening to anyone who just wants to talk, or where appropriate be sign-posted to professional counselling / statutory services

I am offering to work with any single parent out there, who is feeling isolated, desperate or overwhelmed. I will work with you whether you just wish to have someone listen to you, or where required provide bespoke training around your parenting needs and behavior management techniques all with the aim of providing a nurturing environment so that your child/children flourish and you as a parent can feel supported and dare I say enjoy the experience… I’m here to help you cross. For me the old adage of “It takes a village to raise a child” definitely has merits. . So don’t struggle in silence, do reach out.

1 Like