Setting up Game Development Studio & Pipeline For Free

Hello, I’m Sir Gabriel. I work as a Freelance Game Developer & Asset Creator. I also work as a mentor for about 15 Students currently working on skills that apply to Game Design/ Development, VFX, & Animated Movie Projects. I’ve decided to extend the training I provide to TalkTime Yesterday & am super excited to join this community. I will be bringing Positive Vibes with me & Skill Sets that many people could be interested in learning to launch their career in Game/Application/Film Development.

I don’t know if this is the right place for this so I might move it later. I want to go over some things about Independent game development & how you can get started for free.

You May Have Hardware Already But If You Don’t…
First thing is, if you don’t have a computer with a dedicated graphics card, that should be something you buy. It could very well be the only thing you need to actually buy when you start Developing games. Integrated Graphics won’t work well in the Game Engine. Down the road when I explain what happens when you bake/build lighting in your world, then you’ll see why an integrated graphics option just isn’t feasible to run some CPU expensive/intensive tasks. So you need to have a computer with a graphics card. I use unreal engine and I’ll post its recommended sys Specs below. & please don’t take what I just said as “Hehe ok… he said its not recommended but its all I have so I’m gonna just try and use integrated graphics… hehehe.” you’ll crash your PC relentlessly wondering why things aren’t working for you. Then maybe you’ll remember what I just said, and you’ll invest in yourself to have a nice PC. Takes time but its worth it. Once you have a “Rig” a PC with necessary specs, there are open source, yet professional grade solutions for software needed to do any work that goes into a video game. Therefore if you have a PC, and you follow my directions you’ll have a effective home studio for game dev, film dev, music production, you name it. Don’t get a laptop either, I will explain why a laptop is a bad choice at a later time. To put it fast and simple to make sure you dont buy a laptop for game dev, i’ll give you a reason why. When you build lighting in a game engine the CPU uses 100% of its resources, the cpu will run really hot, laptops cant fit fans that can manage the temp, youll crash, possible kill your laptop in the process. unless you set the cpu usage down. but still, laptops get too hot.

These are the Recommended system specs for UE4

Second thing is Software (The Free Part)
Blender 3d is an Open Source Digital Content Creation tool that is professional grade and handles many of the art tasks needed to make Game content. You can make all Animations and models you need with blender and import those assets into Unreal Engine.

Choose an Engine
Modern times has made Game Engines, that used to be hard to get your hands on without a couple grand lying around, free to use for everyone. Each Game engine has different terms. For Unreal Engine, Epic Games will simply take 5% of the revenue of any game built with it, after you make 1 million $ in revenue. If you want me to teach you, Use Unreal Engine. I don’t Like Unity. I understand UE4 a lot better

those are 4 commercial Game engines to choose from (choose Unreal), it is completely up to you what engine you want to learn (learn Unreal). These Engines have all created awesome games, and if you decide to learn one its a long term commitment. Just pick one (Unreal) and stick with it (Unreal!).

Painting Application Thats Pro & Open Source?
There are a great many instances you may need a photoshop approach with your game art, but cant afford photoshop. Well I have two Solutions and I use them both in my studio. I dont even ever use Photoshop! But these solutions are equivalent in functionality to Photoshop.

My Game Music Mixing?

Complex topic is the Music but there is a Professional open source solution as I mentioned before.

Audacity can handle all sound editing needed for your production & yeah it’s professional grade software & yeah it’s free!

That’s all for now. But I’ll be posting again soon. Let me know if you have any questions. I’m happy to oblige.

1 Like

I love audacity it is what I use on my on going forever album LOVE LIKE HONEY :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s awesome. Where can I find this album to check it out?

1 Like

Thank you for having interest, here also is my website on my musical aspirations, it is the first time anyone has ever asked about it. It is nice you would like to hear any of my art, I do hope it will inspire a good response for your musical journeys.

https://vamerecordings.webs.com/

1 Like

I’m an artist completely, and one of my passions is Music. So I’m impressed you have something for me to listen to. I am surprised you haven’t been asked about it yet. & glad you’ve shared it with me. You have an amazing voice btw. :100: :star_struck:

1 Like

Ty, I kindly accept that your commenting and your the first person who has ever said I do, no one has ever said anything to complement me on my voice, ty for the time to acknowledge assertion. I think the voice is to offer my essence, I never strived that is was for show but feeling creativity and senses/spiritual experiences. Sensual desires of personal exploration and dedication to offering to find whom gets me in that, n then so too finding my mate where I made us to be waiting to. I built for that together for I believe you “do” live-become strive for your mate- for you- and the right one appears. . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautifully Poetic :rose:. & thats what Real Music is all about. Expression of pure, raw emotion emitting from the heart & soul.

1 Like

Yes, I do hope it so in some places, and ways. It is for many reason art comes to be, yet I do think in some realms Avant guard and personal self reflection it is essential to know the “ideals” or creative synergy one would merge ideas around n too for it is best to be supportive of same like in terms and agreements and even collaborative and or community creative endeavor’s.

1 Like

I agree. I have had a few collaborations fail because our synergy was just off. I’m looking for the right partners, when I find them I’ll know who they are. I’m excited to speak to you more about this actually.

1 Like

Yes reliable tangible, solid, dedicated, commitment is essential I believe. I too have been shysted so many a time! Glad to see you have unfolded, to sharing with me here. If you would like to you can join me here as well. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

1 Like