Senior Safety for Independent Living

My name is Cynde and I want to help you live safely in your home confidently and independently.

I hold certificates in Gerontology and Thanatology. For the past 13 years, I’ve worked with seniors with intellectual and physical disabilities. I’ve also coached classes focusing on fall prevention, balance, and environmental safety. Classes met in a local hospital, community center, and residential setting. We discussed how to make our homes safer by reducing fall risks, practiced some simple exercises to strengthen our lower bodies and improve balance, and discussed important issues seniors and their families face today.

I’m inviting you to join me to form a new group. We will discuss how to identify and reduce fall hazards in our homes, making them a safer place to live. Inside living areas will be examined, as well as outside the home, and safe practices while out in the community. We will look at simple changes we can make in our environment. We’ll discuss any fears and concerns you may have. By sharing experiences, ideas and tips, we will learn things from each other that will help us live more fulfilled lives. We’ll also consider the role of family members and what they can do to help us maintain our independence. Finally, how to sensitively approach those hard and emotional topics everyone wants to avoid.

• Price: $10 per hour per senior ($80)

• Length: 4 weeks

• Meeting: once per week (Tuesday or Saturday, 10:00 am EST)

• Session length: 2 hours

• Start date: New groups start monthly, 5 person minimum

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you regarding your day choice and payment methods. I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Cynde!
I used to teach a similar program. It was such a fun class to facilitate. Full of useful information for any age group. If staying in your home is the goal, these classes are so worth it.
Best of luck!