Political Science Tutoring

Hi! I’m Cait and I am passionate about political science! I fell in love with the field during a debate simulation in fifth grade and have been taking courses ever since. I currently work as an Instructional Assistant for an Intro to American Government and Politics Course, and I am working on applying to graduate schools to get my PhD in political science. If you need someone to help you with studying for AP US Government and Politics, drafting a thesis for a paper in International Relations, brainstorming a project for Research Methods in Political Science, understanding how to keep current with politics, or anything else in the field of political science, send me a message!

Instagram: @cait.gardiner | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cait-gardiner/

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $25 / hour

Small Group

• Team size (up to 12)
  • Price: $400 per student
  • Length: 8-weeks
  • Meeting: 2 time(s) per week
  • Session length: 2 hours
  • Start date: New groups start monthly

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Venmo *

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

What’s a fun fact about you?

I used to work as a freelance writer and once wrote a story about a kangaroo farm in Maryland.

What can you talk about for hours?

Politics, of course!

What’s your favorite smell?

Rain on a summer afternoon.

What is the most normal thing about you?

I really enjoy Starbucks, especially on busy mornings.

Anything else that you’d like to share?

When I was in high school, I presented a briefing to the United States Department of Education

In my words

My teaching style

I love incorporating experiential learning and interdisciplinary methods into my lessons! Political science is the most interesting when you’re actually able to apply it, so my sessions often tie it to other subject areas that students are more interested in (since I know that not everyone loves political science).

What can you expect from my lessons?
You can expect a blend of traditional topics in the field, cutting edge research from organizations like CIRCLE, and hands-on assignments that encourage civic engagement beyond our discussions.

Why I’m passionate about this?

Politics impacts our lives every day, from the local level to the international. By engaging in this field, I’m able to help improve people’s lives by uplifting more voices in our democracy.