Photography: Classic technical lessons a tool to understand your emotions

Ask me anything

Hi! I’m Margo from Philadelphia, PA, USA and currently living in Philadelphia, PA, USA. I help people communicate and express themselves through photography.

I will help you understand how to use photography as a technical or emotional process. Photography is a tool that will tell you more about yourself than you may have known before you started making pictures. You don’t need a fancy camera to work with me. Send me a message and we will work with whatever gear you have. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments and I will respond for free. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $60 / hour

Packages

• Price: $240 - $1000/ month

Small Group

• Team size (up to 5)
  • Price: $250 per student
  • Length: 4-weeks
  • Meeting: 2 time(s) per week
  • Session length: 1 hour
  • Start date: New groups start monthly

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Venmo **

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

What’s a fun fact about you?

I share my birthday with my dad.

What can you talk about for hours?

Religion and racial injustice.

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

I compost my food waste.

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

Breathing under water.

What is the most normal thing about you?

I live in a small house with my partner.

What do you hate?

Corporations that don’t recycle.

In my words

I work full time as a photographer and videographer:
Margo Reed Photo Video Reel

My early work is photo-based, and heavy on personal narratives / emotions.

My teaching style

I am an empath. I am happy to discuss what you are feeling and how we might put that into practice in photography. You will hear me tell you “the best way to understand is by going out and making pictures. Just try.”

What can you expect from my lessons?

You will find me to be kind, approachable and personable, and you will thrive if you are willing to discuss what your pictures mean to you. We can approach photography from a technical standpoint or an art-based discussion and emotional standpoint depending on what works best for you.

Why me?

I am flexible, honest, personable, and approachable. I have a passion for working with people of various backgrounds and aiding you in whatever practice you may need. One on one lessons will be most valuable for you, as I can cater to your specific needs.

Why I’m passionate about this?

Photography has gotten me and so many others through life by tending to our creative visions or teaching us a skill where we can make a living. Until the 21st century, photography has been limited to those with the means to buy film or expensive equipment. Today, we carry cameras in our pockets and are constantly inundated with visual culture. It’s a part of all of our lives and we should all have the opportunities to express ourselves with this standard form of media.

What else I can do?

• Teach you how to use your smartphone camera
  • Help you make photographs virtually using a computer or piece of cardboard
  • Teach you how to develop film in a homemade darkroom
  • Discuss your feelings, and how you might use photography to process them
  • Discuss dream photography, which I photograph regularly as part of this project (https://www.margoreedphoto.com/Dream-JournalPage)
  • Provide tips and resources about getting into photography as a professional
  • Help you decide what kind of camera gear is right for you