Ask me anything
Hi! I’m Adrian, a mid-40 CHINESE originally from HONG KONG and currently living in BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA.
Back in the 80s, after the British signed the Joint Declaration with China, my family migrated to Melbourne, Australia. I was 9 years old. We got our citizenship and returned to Hong Kong.
A few years ago, after the Umbrella Movement, my wife decided to leave Hong Kong. We chose to reside in Brisbane, Australia. I was 40 years old, and have been living there since.
For those who are still reading this, it is likely that you are one of the many Hongkongers who are considering leaving the place that we all loved. Starting a new life in a new country might have never crossed your mind before, but it is something that you might want to do now.
Again, I am not an immigration agent. But I am here to share my experience of migration, both as a kid and as an adult. It does not matter if you are not from Hong Kong, or is moving to another country that is not Australia. As long as you have questions about life after migration, my experience might resonate with you.
Here’s how it works:
- Ask me your question in the comments, and I will respond to your question within 2 business days.
- If you would like to have a more in-depth conversation, direct message me. I will first understand your situation before engaging you to any paid services - I will only do so if I am in a position to help.
- Price: HK$80 / 30 minutes
- Location: Zoom, Skype, Google Meet, Webex, etc.
How to buy
- Again, direct message me first. I will first understand your situation before engaging you to any paid services.
Interview with Talktime
What’s a fun fact about you?
I worked at two Olympic Games.
What can you talk about for hours?
I can’t - I get bored with myself.
What’s your favorite smell?
I can only say I tend to walk pass perfume section or Lush very quickly.
What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?
I will find an excuse to gloat, don’t worry!
What’s one super power you would NOT want?
Mind-reading - life will be boring if I know what everyone is thinking.
What is the most normal thing about you?
I love to eat.
What do you hate?
People being late.
Anything else that you’d like to share?
My experience of migration, both as a kid and as an adult.