Need someone to talk to? Or do you need science tutoring?

Hi! I’m Jay from Maryland, USA and I’d like to help anyone who just needs someone to talk to. I am an excellent listener meaning that I will patiently listen AND give meaningful responses when appropriate. I won’t talk over you or make you feel like what you want to talk about is insignificant. I can very literally talk about anything. There are not many topics that I find boring.

Aside from providing conversation, I can also tutor biology, chemistry, and math as I am a recent biochemistry graduate. I can tutor the following:
Entry-level biology classes
Cell biology
Entry-level chemistry classes
Organic chemistry
Math classes up to Calculus 1 (this includes Calc 1)

How it works:
-Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
-If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then includes the video link in the comments.
-Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Private 1-on-1
Conversation price: $20/ hr (negotiable)
Tutoring price: $30/hr (negotiable)

Payments accepted
PayPal, Venmo, CashApp, and Zelle

How to buy
Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

What’s a fun fact about you?
I like to watch anime. At the time that I am writing this post, I am trying to finish up One Piece. I really like watching shows and analyzing them with others.

What can you talk about for hours?
I can honestly talk about anything as long as there’s a decent vibe going.

What’s your favorite smell?
Either gasoline or the peppermint sugar cookie candle from bath and body works.

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?
Nothing. If I want to talk about something I’ll bring it up if no one else does.

What’s one superpower you would NOT want?
Super smell. The world is kinda gross.

What do you hate?
When people talk over each other or ignore someone in a conversation.

Anything else that you’d like to share?
I am a great listener and an ambivert so I can switch to an extrovert or introvert if needed.

My teaching style
I am patient and try to lead you to the answer instead of showing you every step of every problem. If I’m tutoring you, I want you to be to succeed even after the end of my service.

What can you expect from my lessons?
You can expect no judgement from my part. Everyone learns at different paces and we all start from the bottom.

Why me?
I won’t try to pressure you and I am a recent graduate so it has not been that long since I have taken these classes, so the information is still somewhat fresh.

Final thoughts
I am here to talk and tutor depending on what you need.