Mobile App Image Retouching For Beginners

Ask me anything

Hi there! :wave:

My name is Austen. I recently relocated to Portland by way of NYC and Miami :desert_island:. I help people learn how to use popular mobile retouching apps to enhance new + existing photos.

This skillset offers many benefits for both new content creators aspiring to work with brands as well as anyone else who may want to “up” the quality of the images they publish online.

From self-portraits and headshots to product photography or past vacation photos, learning the basics of mobile app retouching gives you a wealth of control over the quality of images you publish, print, or post.

My Portfolio | Instagram | LinkedIn

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1:

• Price: $75 / 30-minute session.

Packages:

• Price: $750 - $1500 / month.

Small Group:

• Team Size: (up to 5)
  • Price: $750 per student
  • Length: 4 weeks
  • Meeting: 2 times per week
  • Session length: 45 minutes
  • Start Date: New groups start monthly

Payments Accepted:

• Venmo, CashApp, Zelle, or QuickPay.

How to Buy:

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime:

What’s a fun fact about you?

I am a mirror-image twin. My twin bother Tyler is pictured below on the left, and I am on the right.

What can you talk about for hours?

Skincare, makeup, mixology, interior design, and plants. I am genuinely obsessed with plants - here’s proof. :seedling: :nerd_face: :herb:

What’s your favorite smell?

Fresh lilacs, Palo Santo, or a nice cup of freshly-brewed espresso in the morning. :coffee:

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

My savviness when it comes to bargain shopping :rofl:. I love hunting for luxury items and getting them at great prices. :shopping:

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

Being immortal.

What do you hate?

Anchovies, freezing cold weather, rude people, and martinis with too much vermouth. :cocktail:

Anything else that you’d like to share?

Mobile app retouching is the first digital service/virtual class I will be offering on here, however stay tuned for more exciting topics to come (makeup lessons, personal skincare audits, and DIY terrarium creation + plant care classes! :lipstick: :alembic: :herb:

In my words

I have worked as a celebrity makeup artist and beauty director in NYC for over a decade, and have always enhanced my own images vs. hiring a third party to do so for me. I like having the creative control to guarantee the finished product will be the exact way I want it to be. For easy + quick reference, check out a small sample of some of my work pictured below. :blush: :arrow_down:

!

My teaching style

I strive to give every client as much personal attention as I can (hence why I listed small groups of no more than 5 people if you’re not interested in 1-on-1 sessions). This allows me to cater to your personal needs and specific learning-related goals in a more devoted/individual setting. Given the nature of this type of class, expect to see a lot of screen sharing. Pending your goals, I can personally curate private lessons using images I have, or if you prefer, we can enhance preexisting images you already have - included in the price over the course of each session (I charge my private clients $125/hr for this service, so this is definitely an optional perk)!

What can you expect from my lessons?

Developing a deeper understanding + new skillset to successfully digitally enhance you own image and/or content.

Why me?

I have been digitally enhancing my images for over a decade, and have a thorough understanding of this skillset’s value for both aspiring content creators as well as anyone else looking to have more control over their online presence.

Why I’m passionate about this?

To be 100% candid, I find retouching incredibly therapeutic :sweat_smile: - I can listen to my favorite music while being wrapped in a blanket (sipping on iced coffee or a cocktail of course), and make decent supplemental income while doing something that I love - anywhere at any time. It really is a great skillset to have both personally and professionally!