Life Coach, Mental Health Practitioner and friend too!

Ask me anything!

Hi! I’m Barbara! from St. Paul, MN (USA)and I am currently living in my little cabin. It is actually in the woods near Canada.
You can ask me anything about the joy of functioning and living a balanced life!
I will coach you and teach you how to express yourself through your own voice and self!
Do you find that you Sabatage yourself?
Do you know what “Self Sabatage” is?
Together we will explore your, patterns and achieving goals in your life as well as barriers that keep you from achieving your identified goals.
I will help you add toppings to your pizza, so you quit burning yourself or repeating patterns.
Additionally, I offfer private 1 to 1 Yoga instruction , chair yoga as well as group Yoga.

I LOVE this Bruno Mars video:

Quality in life over Quantity

I would like to teach you how to live a balanced life!
If you can imagine a pizza is cut up in to many slices. Now each slice is a section on your life. For an example:
In living a balanced life; we would look at different pieces such as:

1. Housing
  2. Transportation
  3. Heath and Wellness
  4. Personal Care and Living
  5. Socialization/Recreation
  6. Finances
  7. Education
  8. Vocation/Job
  9. Volunteer - Civic Duty
  10. Self Worth
  11. Mental Health and Meditation

As you can see from the list above ; these 11 functions are aspects to living a very full enriched and balanced life.

My LinkedIn Profile

https://www.linkdin.com/in/barbara-p-011a7215

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

We can do a simple Pizza Pie chart together.
If you have a full pizza and the toppings are overflowing then I am probably not the coach/teacher for you

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1 coaching

• Price: $120/ hour

Packages

• Price: (10 )1 hour sessions - $1000 / month

Small Group

• Team size (up to 5)
  • Price: $1000 per student
  • Length: 4-weeks
  • Meeting: time(s) 2 per week
  • Session length: 1 hour
  • Start date: New groups start monthly

Payments accepted

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a
    message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

All of my sessions are private and in my own space. My nickname is Barbara WOW (Woman of the Woods)

I have been verified with CHECKR and can provide information on a cleared background check if needed.

What’s a fun fact about you?

I am not sure this is a fun fact about me is that I live in NO fear. I used to be afraid of my own shadow, when I was a kid. I bit my nails and I know a lot of people may be afraid of death. I am not.

I can talk about you for hours. I am so interested in people. I would love to hear your story.

What’s your favorite smell?
I love the smell of coffee. When I was a child, I would go fishing with my dad and he would pack some jam and butter sandwich with a thermous of coffee ( with the cream alreay in it.)
Sometimes I think of the memory of fishing when I smell coffee.

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

My husband and BEST friend of 33 years. I did not think it was possible to love somebody more that when I married him. I am really pround of him.

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

hmmmm…that’s a good question

What is the most normal thing about you?

I would have to have the definition of
:wink: “normal”

In my words

My motto I like to live by is this:
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present and that is what they call a gift.

*I LOVE life and animals which I am told have a direct connection with God.

Yoga Teacher Certificate

Being Me in Fiji

I prefer to used real life experieonces as well as a core cirriculum. At times I have provided a book club of sorts with clients as well.

What can you expect from my lessons?

*No Homework but rather thought provoking, critical thinking. I would desire to have you empowered and establlish your own accountability for your own success. I will gently guide you nto an action plan to achieve your identified goals.

Why me?
I will be 100% honest with you and pride myself in that.
Truth and knowledge are two really big things in life. You will want coach with me when you are not only seeking truth and knowledge but also for you to improve your relationships, career, and simply day to day living.
Together we can identify obsticles which are holding you back. Together ,we will come up with a plan and strategize the"how to" overcome the obsticle.

Why I’m passionate about this?

I will share a story about Lori and my passion. {Lori - changed the name}
One ealy spring day I was assigned a new client I will call Lori. Lori hated herelf. She cried a lot. Lori only wanted to sleep her life away. Lori had no motivation. How did Lori go from being a happy go lucky mom, loving husband and friend, gained over 100 lbs and began to chain smoke.
Lori had been fired from her job for something she stated “I did not do it.” Lori was basically bed- ridden with depression, she was overeating and her life was crumbling right before her own eyes. She called my agency and asked to work with a only female provider because at the time she could not make it out of bed.
The 1st time Lori and I met -
I sat at the end of her bed and she barely even spoke to me. Lori cried and said "I don’t want to waste your time -you might as well leave.
2nd time we met Lori met me on her front steps and she identified that in her eyes “her life was worthless.” Even thogh she was married and had three beautiful children, a house and food to eat.
By the 3rd time we met Lori shared every bit of what was wrong in her life.
In her eyes she was a huge failure and dissapointmet to everybody she knew and she felt she was un-educated and obese. (her Dr. stated this) Lori had no goals becasue she did not feel worthy to have any goals. Lori could not stand to even look at herself because she was discusted in herself. She stated she felt like the biggest loser.
One Year Later - after meeting for 2 sessions per week
After working together for a year, Lori began to work with a dietician, she also moved ontoa new medical Dr. that supported her goals rather than put her down. Lori slowly began to look at her life differently. Lori began to treat herself with respect and love and eventually began to go on walks and drive once again.
Lasty, Lori went back to work at the same place that fired. She came back in a different capacity. Her former co-workers; began to know the real Lori that had been there all along.

I was passionate about coaching Lori in a way that I could to my capacity and to the best of my ability with my education and life experience.
On our final day of working together, Lori stated that she loved herself.