Ask me anything
Hi! I’m Nathan Block from St. Paul, Minnesota, located in the cold regions of the United States. I have found an incredible outlet in making movies and I can teach you how to do the same. You don’t need a ton of equipment or a high-paid mega-star to make a film. You can do it using the resources that you have right at your disposal right now.
I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:
- Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
- If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
- Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.
- Price: $25 / hour
- Location: Zoom, Skype or phone.
- Price: $150 / month
- Up to 3 hours per week included
- Location: Zoom, FaceTime, or phone.
- Team size (up to 5)
- Price: $200 per student
- Length: 4 weeks
- Meeting: 3 time(s) per week
- Session length: 1 hour
- Location: Zoom
- Start date: New groups start monthly
How to buy
- Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.
Interview with Talktime
What’s a fun fact about you?
I enjoy being outdoors, I love seeing animals.
What can you talk about for hours?
Movie-making, movies, music
What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?
My extensive knowledge of conspiracy theories.
What’s one super power you would NOT want?
Those laser eye things that Cypher has.
What is the most normal thing about you?
I don’t like pineapple on pizza.
What do you hate?
People who don’t recycle.
In my words
What can you expect from my lessons?
I’ll tell you everything you need to know to make a film without spending thousands of dollars or taking expensive classes.
I’ve made over 50 short films since 2008. I have worked on all different types of films – drama, horror, action, comedy. I know how to work with producers, cinematographers, composers, actors and crew. There isn’t a single part of filmmaking that I haven’t had hands-on experience doing.
Why I’m passionate about this?
If I could share with you for one minute how amazing it is to make a motion picture, you would run out and do it tomorrow. I intend to do just that.
What else I can do?
I can teach you how to play chess.