Learn Chess, Become a King (or Queen)!

Chess has been around for 1,500 years and was seen as one of the greatest tools in self development (before we had sites like this!). I strongly believe chess is a perfect model for learning and is still highly relevant to personal growth in just about all aspects of life.

Young or old, novice or pro, let’s discuss how I might be able to not only increase your chances of winning in the game of chess but in the game of life as well!

Services I offer

Personal growth advising through the model of the game of chess.

Private 1-on-1 Pricing

$35 per hour

How to buy

Ask questions in the comments. Direct message me if interested.

Fun fact about me

Ich kann ein bisschen Deutsch sprechen, und ich denke, dass Schach viel Spaß machen kann! (I speak some German, and I think chess can be loads of fun!)

About

As a formal student of linguistics, educational psychology, and German, I am also an informal student of chess and have been playing for as long as I can remember.

Credentials

I am a level 900 chess player and a member of the US Chess federation.

Skills

I pride myself in my ability to teach (at least something) about chess to anybody no matter their experience or skill level.

Who this is for

People who want to grow and become better human beings. Anybody curious about chess and how they can use it as a model for personal growth and the path to success is more than welcome here!

What I will do

Play, teach, and converse. Chess is a poem representative of life; I want to help you learn how to read it.

Expectations

I expect an open mind as this is imperative to making the connections between elements of chess and elements of general life. Be focused, inquisitive, creative, and confident. There are no wrong answers!

Why me

Just as I expect it from you, I consistently expect open-mindedness from myself. All walks of life are welcome, and I know chess can be of great value to anybody no matter where they come from.

2 Likes