Introduction to Java taught by University of Maryland, College Park Computer Science student

About me

My website | LinkedIn

My name is Timothy Lee (you can call me Tim) and I am a computer science undergraduate student at the University of Maryland, College Park.

I went to Damascus High School and played soccer, basketball and volleyball.

Topics we will go over:

• Object-Oriented Terms
  • Scanner Class
  • Java Variables and Types
  • Interfaces
  • Constructors
  • and many more

Ask me anything

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $20 / hour

Payments accepted

• PayPal - Venmo

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

What can you talk about for hours?

My favorite soccer team is Manchester United and I love talking about them.
I also love some anime. Attack on Titan is one of my favorites and so is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

What’s your favorite smell?

I actually work part-time at Bath and Body Works so I know a lot of different smells lmao.

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

At Damascus High School, I played for the varsity soccer team all four years. I actually hold the record of having the most varsity career goals ever for the high school.

In my words

My teaching style

Before attending my session, I advise you to download eclipse on your computer. This application will allow us to program using Java. We will be on a zoom call, and we will be sharing screens so I can show you exactly what I am coding and so I can see how you can improve your own code. I have many exercises prepared covering a variety of different topics.

What can you expect from my lessons?

If you are interested in going into a computer science major in college, I would advise you to have a session with me. Everything I will teach you is what I have learned from my university. The content I will go over will be very similar to what I have learned in school.

Why me?

I am a University of Maryland undergraduate student in the major of computer science.
University of Maryland is renown for their esteemed computer science program as it is nationally ranked.

Why I’m passionate about this?

I believe teaching is one of the best ways to fully understand a topic. As I teach you the basics of Java I will strengthen my own programming skills as well as my clients.

1 Like

Hello Tim. I really enjoyed reading this synopsis about you and your topic. I am interested in computer science and would like to see if you could teach me!