Industrial Design and Modo Tutoring

Ask me anything

Hi! I’m Andrew and I’m an industrial designer currently based in Toronto, Canada. I’m passionate about all things design. I really enjoy teaching others and am intrinsically motivated to do so. I’m really happy I found Talktime!

As an industrial designer I am skilled in sketching, concept ideation, model making and user research, complimented with my deep knowledge of various 3D modelling and rendering packages. I also have a strong track record for bringing great designs to life and through my hard work and passion I’ve garnered multiple design awards. I am most proud of recently working with Icelandic artist and designer Sruli Recht as well as being selected as a 2020 candidate for The Weeknd’s creative incubator “HXOUSE.”

My strongest skillset is my knowledge of Modo for both modelling and rendering and that’s why I’m here, to spread my knowledge and share the skills I’ve learned over the years.

That being said, I’m also happy to help any aspiring designers learn more about industrial design and improve on their skills whether it be sketching, design thinking, concept ideation or just have someone critique their work!

My website
Instagram
LinkedIn

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1 on 1: Half hour of tutoring is $25. 1 hour of tutoring is $40.

Group tutoring (2-5 participants): Half hour of tutoring is $15 a person. 1 hour of tutoring is $25 a person.

Packages
Private 1 on 1
Price: $200 - $400 / month
Hours: 8-16/month
Start date: New individuals start weekly

Group tutoring (2-5 participants)
Price: $100 - $200/month per student
Hours: 8-16/month
Start date: New groups start weekly

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Money Transfer, E transfer if you have a Canadian bank account

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

To see all of my work visit my website

What’s a fun fact about you?
When I’m not designing I’m a passionate about health and fitness and enjoy going on long bike rides.

What can you talk about for hours?
Design. New designs, old designs, what tools I use to design, what inspires me, who inspires me. I can talk about it all.

What’s your favourite smell?
High quality leather.

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?
My discipline in staying fit and healthy.

What’s one super power you would NOT want?
Hulk rage. Does not look like fun and way too destructive for my liking.

What is the most normal thing about you?
I love sleeping but suck at it.

What do you hate?
Liars.

In my words

My teaching style
I really like to empathize with whoever I’m teaching and understand what they’re struggling with before I jump in with any assistance.

What can you expect from my lessons?
Fun, engaging, and worthwhile. I’ll always make sure you come out of my lessons feeling smarter than when you entered.

Why me?
I love helping others! I’ll always give it my all to make sure you get your questions answered.

Why I’m passionate about this?
Design has become my life’s mission over the past few years. I’m fully immersed in the world and I love it.

What else I can do?
I’ve been known to offer pretty decent advice from time to time.