Johnathan
Price: $50 / 20 minutes
Interested: Comment below

ttimg_8894
ttimg_1709
ttimg_3631
ttimg_4415
edit_IMG_6949_edited

Looking to improve your drawing skills? Painting skills? Technical skills within digital programs such as Procreate, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc.? Or are you looking for advice regarding style, voice, and reaching your creative potential?

About

Hi, I’m Johnathan, and I have a large library of knowledge, resources, and practices that I can share with you to help you kickstart your career as an artist/illustrator. I am passionate about sharing and pushing others for creative growth. If you are unsure about how to deal with things like artists block or simply want to speak to another creative entering the industry, I am your guy. I’ve spent a long time learning how to technically advance my skills as an artist but I care equally about the philosophical nature of being creative and being a human being. I get most of my energy from other people who share my passion for art, and nothing makes me happier than being able to help others find their path. Not sure what you might need from me? Here is a list of things I would consider myself qualified to mentor in:

DIGITAL

• Adobe Creative Cloud: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, AfterEffects
  • How to utilize Procreate to your highest potential
  • Logo Making
  • Website design through WordPress.org and the theme LayTheme
  • Poster Design/Typesetting

TRADITIONAL

• Painting: Acrylic (Limited Palette, color mixing, art school set up techniques), Gouache (Plein air landscape painting)
  • Making Crayola Air Dry Clay professional
  • Book Binding
  • Drawing (observational head drawing proportions)
  • Professional linoleum block printing set up

OTHER

• Finding your voice through drawing/painting
  • How to work as an Editorial Illustrator
  • How to make anything look professional through sheer craftsmanship
  • Accepting your creative self
  • How to make art your career but still have fun

These are only a few specific things for you to get an idea of what I can help you with. I have been a teaching assistant for 6 different classes at ArtCenter College of Design, and I have a good grasp of how to address problems and advance your artistic eye. Visit my Instagram at @jhuangstudio or my website at www.jhuangstudio.com so you can get a grasp at the work I make/things I do!

How I Will Help You

I can help you with essentially anything you want related to art/illustration/craft/design. I have an extremely wide range of skills that I have acquired at one of the most prestigious art and design schools, ArtCenter College of Design. I have been schooled, but I also care deeply about unschooling yourself as well, in terms of being truly free as an artist. However, I think it’s extremely important to have a balance between those things, and if you are unable to commit to an education, in comes me. I am easily adaptable and can teach you things or just be the person you might need to speak to when you are struggling with your creativity/motivation to create.

• Do you have an idea for a personal project that you’ve been wanting to accomplish but don’t have any accountability or guidance? I can be your mentor and peer at the same time.
  • Want to get better at a program/method of working and want advice from someone who’s learned from professionals in the industry? I can tutor you through Zoom/give you advice on projects you are stuck on.
  • Want to learn how to kickstart a career as an illustrator? That is exactly what I’ve been learning how to do/been beginning to do myself. Let’s journey through that together!

Who are you?

I love to work with ambitious, driven, and passionate creatives who want advice on the technical or the mental aspects of being an artist/illustrator, who wishes to take their creative self to the next level.

Why Pick Me?

A lot of teaching regarding art and illustration specifically is rigid and vague. As a young creative with passion in many facets of art and design and a more modern point of view/outlook on life, I think there is a lot of value in my knowledge as a young person currently navigating the world we live in. With personalized one-on-one mentoring, I can provide much more specific guidance than you’d be able to get on Youtube by yourself. Lastly, I am simply extremely eager to help others and watch people grow. Open minded, LGBTQ+ friendly, liberal thinking person.

1 Like