I'll play Taps to honor of your loved ones passing

Have you recently lost a loved one and want to honor their passing?

Hello, I am Dayle, from rural South Dakota where there are amazing sunsets, rolling prarie and wide open spaces to connect with nature. If you find Pierre, South Dakota on a map I live north of there along the Missouri River. I can help you with your grief of the passing of your loved one with a tribute of playing Taps.

My parents had me late in life, so when I was 14 years old my friends had parents who were in their early 40’s, and mine? Well,they were well over 60 years old. This also meant my dad a WWII Veteran. His fellow veterans started passing away and at age 14, Dad asked me to play Taps at his friends funerals, and I quickly learned to love, respect and honor the playing of Taps for the passing of veterans and our loved ones.

Many of our loved ones have passed away this year, and we know it is inevitable that death will happen, tragically in some cases; it comes way too fast or soon. In other cases, it is a blessing our loved one is no longer suffering. No matter what, it hurts, we want to be there for them and we often want to honor them, or their community and military service.

Over the past months, funerals may have been conducted different in your area. They are held in person and with your traditions or customs. Some are very small, private, family only services, virtually, done in absent of loved ones, postponed or done in other ways. No matter the way, it is difficult.

I have been playing Taps since I was 14, I have played hundreds of times, but I quit on November 3, 2007. It was the day I played Taps the most perfect I had ever played it. It was in honor of the greatest man in my life and the one who started it all, my father’s funeral. I laid my horn down that day, vowing that was the end. But then a panademic came, I heard my father’s voice telling me to play it again, help others through their dark days and on March 13, 2020 I began playing Taps nightly from my front porch during this crazy panademic time. Sadly, the past two months now I have been blowing Taps in honor of many of people I know and love and cannot attend their services.

I would be honored to play Taps for you privately and send a recording to you. Or it can be posted to my YouTube Channel for your viewing and sharing. I will do my best to play it at your requested site or time in my area. Since I am in very rural South Dakota, along the great Missouri River, our sunsets are amazing. Our rolling prairie is grand and it very peaceful here. Unfortunately, our weather can be extreme so I at times will have to plan “around” Mother Nature. I can play from my front porch, our local Veteran’s Memorial, in a local cemetary, by a tree, the river, a certain object, or if you have a special request, I will do my best to work with you and find a way to honor that request for your playing of Taps.

The playing of Taps is always an honor to play at no charge
What you receive for a one-time charge of $75:

A personalized tribute to your loved one
Option to see a certain view and only hear the playing of Taps
Private recording to share or keep to yourself; or an uploaded YouTube video
My travel time and set up for the specific area agreed upon

(PS: I repeatedly say very rural because the closet town with a “big box store” is over an hour away. And a city with more than 100,000 people is about a 4 hour drive. We have no pizza delivery, no fast food, no traffic lights or busy roadways. We have to watch out for the weather, tractors, cows and wild animals on our roads!)

https://www.instagram.com/daylesundberg/

A tribute to your loved one

Taps

• Price: $75

Package add-ons
Extra options: $15 to $50 if you want to include a photo, special item or a special reading.
You are responsible for any shipping, packaging, return shipping and insurance.

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Venmo *

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 5 business days by sending you a message on Talktime. We will set up a way to discuss your request and fulfill your tribute to your loved one.
1 Like

You are very proffessional at what you do. Keep up the good work.
I lost my mother 2 years ago due to ovarian cancer. Actually almost 3 years now.

It is hard to lose a parent no matter how long ago it was. I’m sorry for you loss.