I will help you really understand Arduino and microcontrollers to automate anything or just for sparkle

Ask me anything

Hi, I’m Cat from Calgary, Alberta, near the Rockies.
I can help people really understand what happens when an Arduino “does” something; how to connect sensors, lights and actuators to it so that you can understand and modify for your purpose projects that maybe you found online and were able to reproduce but without understanding what really happens in there.
Here’s an example Arduino Project that lights up colorful LEDs based on the frequencies in the music, creating a mesmerizing ambiance:

[Thrilling Arduino Music in Lights]

Ideally you already have one or more Arduino boards and did at least try to “make” some projects but if you’re just curious about microcontrollers, programming and electronics in general that’s fine too.

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $50 / hour for beginners; $75/hour for advanced topics that might require research

Packages

• Price: $XXX - $XXX / month

Small Group

• I can design a plan to fit your groups’ interests and level
  • Team size (up to 5)
  • Price: $TBD per student
  • Length: 4-weeks
  • Meeting: 2 time(s) per week
  • Session length: 2 hours
  • Start date: to be determined

Payments accepted

• PayPal, interac

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

What’s a fun fact about you?

*I was born in Transylvania; Dracula was my nephew :slight_smile: He started to give us a bad image so we had to stop him… We actually like garlic.

What’s your favorite smell?

*Some smells that bring back the long ago and far away… also gasoline! So… … …

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

*I know MORSE code! Far away and long ago I used to be the zone champion. It was so amazing that I could write on paper the code coming through the ears while thinking about something else! The problem was, when I remembered I should be concentrating on receiving code, I may miss a BEEP or two when switching back… what a useless skill!

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

*That’s too deep eh? I would tell you something I WOULD want if you could grant it but you can’t so I won’t :frowning:

What is the most normal thing about you?

*I also like garlic :slight_smile:

What do you hate?

*I think “things” shouldn’t be loved or hated but still, sometimes we do. I don’t have anything or body I hate currently; I’ll let you know next time if you care :slight_smile:

Anything else that you’d like to share?

*I started to like electronics when I was about eleven years old. Transistors were REALLY expensive back home but guess what the prize was when I won a MORSE code contest? Yup: Transistors. So that’s how it started.

In my words

As you can see from above I’ve been into electronics for a long time.
I really understand how (most of) it goes and I think I can share that with you in a way that you will understand.
There’s “many kinds” of electronics and I “touched” most of them, but some topics are really advanced and I’ll let you know when you need to switch tutors :slight_smile:

My teaching style

*We can do this in two ways:

• You can tell me what you’d like to learn about and we cover it until you’re happy, or
  • I prepare material to teach you from some level onwards until you feel you can “fly”
    We’ll have times I explain things and you’ll get “homework” if you want.
    Lab time will get you really apply what you learned. You’ll need an Arduino or two for this.

What can you expect from my lessons?

*I’ll try to determine during a free initial chat if I feel I can teach you what you want. If not; I’ll let you know and we can stop there. It doesn’t mean you can’t do it, it may mean it’s me! Or that maybe you should start with something else and I’ll try to point you to it.

Why me?

*I’m open minded, with wide background and experience, I will try to get you what you’re looking for. DO let me know if you feel differently at any point.

What else I can do?

*I can teach you MORSE code :smiley: .