I help people improve their English

My name is Rachel and I’m from England. I’m a qualified teacher of English to speakers of other languages and also a translator from Brazilian Portuguese to English. I love learning languages and meeting people from other cultures. I have been living in Brazil since 1994 and before that I lived in France, Spain and Portugal. I am currently studying Italian by myself.
Would you like to improve your English but don’t know how? Have you tried the traditional methods but found that they didn’t really work for you? Which areas of your English would you like to improve the most? Ask me some questions and I can give you tips and advice.

I can help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.

• Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

• Private 1-on-1

• Price: $30 / hour- 1-1 top quality and effective lessons. We can focus on communication if you wish or I can help you prepare to study/live abroad/examinations/presentations etc. You choose!

Do you prefer to study in a group?

• Small Group - (up to 5)
  • Price - $20 per person
  • Length: 4-weeks
  • Meeting: 1 time per week
  • Session length: 60 minutes
  • Start date: New groups start monthly

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Transferwise

*How to buy - Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

• What do you love talking about for hours?
    You can choose the topics we talk about, if you prefer. I, personally, love talking about current affairs, books and films, travel and cultures and many, many more.

What’s your favorite smell?
Chocolate, the smell just before it rains…

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?
I’m proud that I am flexible and adaptable to new situations and people. Professionally, I’m very proud of my work with my students and how I have helped so many achieve their dreams through improving their English.

What’s one super power you would NOT want?
The power of destruction.

What is the most normal thing about you?
I have the same problems and difficulties as everyone else in my daily life but I always try to remain positive and look for the silver lining.

What do you hate?
Injustice, deceit and disrespect.

Feel free to get in touch if you would like to find out more and chat.

My teaching is communicative and learner-centred and I try to help the learner understand the best and most effective ways of learning English.

I hope you will find my lessons engaging, productive, fun and effective with a variety of activities and opportunities to use the language. You can expect to learn a lot of native-speaker expressions and to have many opportunities to put the new language into practice.

I’m a friendly person who is skilled and qualified and is passionate about helping you learn and improve to achieve your language goals.

I love what I do. I believe teaching/learning is a partnership between the teacher and the learner and there is nothing more gratifying than observing a learner grow and become more confident as their language skills develop.

I’m also a translator from Brazilian Portuguese to English. I translate books and articles for scientific journals as well as other kinds of texts.