I’m Leo York, a Lexington, KY copywriter who has been in the industry for 10 years, with an emphasis on biological marketing “triggers” that open or close neural pathways that lead to purchasing decisions. I grew up on a farm and have a LOT of pets of various shapes and sizes. I also help inventors learn how to get their ideas turned into protected products for licensing or for starting their own business.
I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:
- Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
- If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
- Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.
- Price: $100 / hour (2 separate hour-long sessions unless otherwise requested)
- Location: Zoom or phone.
Brand-doctor one on one
- Price: $200/ month
- Location: Zoom, FaceTime, or phone.
- tickets will be on eventbrite*
How to buy
- Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.
Interview with Talktime
What’s a fun fact about you?
I have synesthesia, so I see colors in music. And other sounds, but not as noticeably than the patterns in music.
What can you talk about for hours?
Animals. Particularly behaviors of animals. Did you know vampire bats “donate” blood to their starving friends and relatives?
What’s your favorite smell?
What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?
I got a community of farmers to go green by drinking (harmless) bio-insecticide to showcase how its safer than chemical pesticides.
What’s one super power you would NOT want?
Mind reading. Sounds gross on a good day and soul-crushing on a bad day.
What is the most normal thing about you?
I’m pretty squeamish.
What do you hate?
Clowns. Literal, face-painted clowns.
Anything else that you’d like to share?
I have a lighthearted conspiracy/paranormal podcast called The 13th Floor
In my words
My teaching style
Interactive. It’s as much a conversation as a “lecture.”
What can you expect from my lessons?
To walk away with more information than when you started, and to feel empowered to do the things you’ve set out to do.
I’m a very empathic writer, and I want to help others find out how to express themselves in writing.
Why I’m passionate about this?
I know people. I know writing. I want other people to know both. And no writing tries to grasp people quite like copy. Fiction is about the human experience, but marketing is about human behavior.
What else I can do?
Reach out! Question about ghostwriting? Screenwriting? Got a blurry photo of a bug in your yard you can’t identify? Ask me I’ll give you an answer!