How to Write Marketing Content that Sells

I’m Leo York, a Lexington, KY copywriter who has been in the industry for 10 years, with an emphasis on biological marketing “triggers” that open or close neural pathways that lead to purchasing decisions. I grew up on a farm and have a LOT of pets of various shapes and sizes. I also help inventors learn how to get their ideas turned into protected products for licensing or for starting their own business.

Website | LinkedIn | Instagram

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $100 / hour (2 separate hour-long sessions unless otherwise requested)

Packages
Brand-doctor one on one

• Price: $200/ month

Payments accepted

• tickets will be on eventbrite*

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

What’s a fun fact about you?

I have synesthesia, so I see colors in music. And other sounds, but not as noticeably than the patterns in music.

What can you talk about for hours?

Animals. Particularly behaviors of animals. Did you know vampire bats “donate” blood to their starving friends and relatives?

What’s your favorite smell?

Cardamom

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

I got a community of farmers to go green by drinking (harmless) bio-insecticide to showcase how its safer than chemical pesticides.

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

Mind reading. Sounds gross on a good day and soul-crushing on a bad day.

What is the most normal thing about you?

I’m pretty squeamish.

What do you hate?

Clowns. Literal, face-painted clowns.

Anything else that you’d like to share?
I have a lighthearted conspiracy/paranormal podcast called The 13th Floor

In my words

My teaching style
Interactive. It’s as much a conversation as a “lecture.”

What can you expect from my lessons?
To walk away with more information than when you started, and to feel empowered to do the things you’ve set out to do.

Why me?

I’m a very empathic writer, and I want to help others find out how to express themselves in writing.

Why I’m passionate about this?
I know people. I know writing. I want other people to know both. And no writing tries to grasp people quite like copy. Fiction is about the human experience, but marketing is about human behavior.

What else I can do?
Reach out! Question about ghostwriting? Screenwriting? Got a blurry photo of a bug in your yard you can’t identify? Ask me I’ll give you an answer!

2 Likes

This makes me want to find something or think up something just to go through the writing experience with you. I make killer cardamom tea. :nerd_face:

Haha thanks Kara! And cardamom (among other chai masala ingregdients) in tea on a cold day is just terrific!

1 Like

@talktimer, @darrius,

It was suggested to Market in one location such as Facebook. I did so yesterday and I have been flagged by Facebook stating I was “Spam” and that my post was misleading or deceptive. Here’s possibly a few things that I can see that I did wrong by Facebook’s standards:

It states that six of my posts have been flagged as: “Your post goes against our Community Standards on spam…No one else can see your post. We have these standards to prevent things like false advertising, fraud, and security breaches.”

Has anyone else had this issue with Posting your Post to Facebook? If so, will someone please tell me what I need to do to change how I am doing it? How many posts can you send in a day without being flagged as spam? (I posted to at least 16 groups, so possibly you can only post to 10?)

A. “Deceptive Pop-up-Websites that require an action in order to view the landing page”…
Me-Directing people from Facebook to TalkTime. For the Free-1 to 1 Questions.

B. Like/Share-Gating: Landing pages that require user likes, share, or engage with content before gaining access to off-Facebook content."
Me-I only asked for like shares-I didn’t think it was mandatory.

C. Did I post in too many groups in order to “Organically” promote my business?

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @talktimer display help.

C is a likely culprit. On many sites if you post to many identical verbatim posts it’ll get flagged. Switching up the language will test whether it’s C or something else.

2 Likes

@KYavuz I concur with Leo that the likely culprit was the AI/Algorithm simply flagging you as a potential Spambot. IG does the same thing. It used to be if you ”liked” too many photos too quickly they’d flag your account and put you in a timeout.

1 Like

@KaraMac Thank you :blush:. It seems that was the case…now onto making some new videos to get more clear on my topic.

See you at 8pm Monday (6 pm MST) :wink:

@Leo Thank you. I will try to personalize each one. Takes a little more time, but worth the reward!

No prob you’re very welcome!