How To Write Better Cold Emails

Ask me anything

How would it work for you to learn how to write better cold emails?

I’m Jesse, and I can help you with that. I’m originally from France and grew up in Southern Maine. I apply methods from hostage negotiation to the cold email writing process. The end result is that you get your messages read and increase your response rate. Not many folks are applying these methods right now, so it’s a great advantage for you to do so.

Tiny Nudges Blog | Instagram | LinkedIn | Facebook

It’s my pleasure to help you for free. This is how it works:

• Ask your question in the comments. Anonymous questions are fine :slight_smile:

• Feel free to post a photo, video, or link.

• Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1 persuasive writing coaching

• Price: $145 / hour

Cold Email Writing

• Price: $50/email
  • Includes: 150-500 word cold email written with “hostage negotiation” persuasion tactics
  • Line-by-line breakdown of the email so you can learn from it and know exactly why it works.

Homepage copy consult

• Price: $249
  • Includes: New headlines; ‘hostage negotiation’ copy changes

Website copy rewrite

• Price: $3000-4500 (4-7 pages of content)
  • Includes: ‘Hostage negotiation’ copy rewrite for your entire site

Payments accepted

• PayPal

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

What’s a fun fact about you?

I’ve camped in a tent at the South Pole, Antarctica. I read “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance” in my tent between shifts.

What can you talk about for hours?

Flying. Relationships. The psychology of human motivation and choice.

What’s your favorite smell?

Apple pie. Airplane fuel.

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

Becoming a commercial pilot before the pandemic broke out.

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

Knowing exactly what other people are thinking.

What is the most normal thing about you?

I don’t like falling out of airplanes.

What do you hate?

Self-pity and entitlement.

Anything else that you’d like to share?

It would be really nice to connect with you and help you out!

In my words

Human behavior is a complex thing. I wrote to Dan Ariely from Duke about that very thing, and he told me to start small and specific when you start asking questions.

When it comes to cold email, keeping it short is one golden rule of thumb. Walls of text turn people off.

Another thing to do is to be conscious about your structure. A fantastic cold email isn’t pushy. It gets people involved in thinking about an opportunity. And it makes your recipient feel good about reading it.

My teaching style

• I ask a lot of “what” and “how” questions. That engages your pre-frontal cortex in thinking about solutions.

What can you expect from my lessons?

• You’ll be bringing your work to me and we’ll go through it line by line, making changes as necessary. You’ll learn the ‘what,’ the ‘how,’ and the ‘why’ we do things a certain way.

Why me?

Your persuasive writing ability will improve because of the system that you’ll learn. I’ve been developing and fine-tuning the system, and you’ll be able to use it yourself to write excellent cold emails that get you a great response.

Why I’m passionate about this?

It feels good to help people level up their email writing, and to show people that you can do cold email without selling your soul.

What else I can do?

We can work on other aspects of your writing If you’d like. Just let me know what you’d like help with. Thanks.