How to Spot the Passive Voice (and eliminate it!)

I’m Elizabeth Lebs, a freshly graduated ESL teacher. I also just moved to Honolulu, HI! I love writing, grammar, and all that other stuff people usually hate about English classes. If you struggle with clarity in your writing, I’m your gal.

Contact me for more help with your writing. I can proofread, or practice skills with anyone, whether you’re a native English speaker or not. $1/minute!

Ask me anything

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $60 / hour

Small Group

• Team size (up to 5)
  • Price: $300 per student
  • Length: 4-weeks
  • Meeting: 2-5 time(s) per week
  • Session length: 1-3 hours
  • Start date: New groups start monthly

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Venmo, ApplePay*

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

What’s a fun fact about you?

I just graduated from Oklahoma Christian University! Go Eagles!

What can you talk about for hours?

My cat, Margo Rita :slight_smile:

What’s your favorite smell?

cheesecake!

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

I once wrote an essay for an academic competition that got me the gold medal! And I don’t remember anything I wrote about…

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

Reading peoples’ minds. People can be mean, I don’t always want to hear it!

What is the most normal thing about you?

I love eating cereal.

What do you hate?

Oddly specific, but I hate mouth noises. It’s called misophonia, actually. It’s so real.

Anything else that you’d like to share?

I can speak Spanish, too! Hola, amigos. Hablen conmigo :slight_smile:

In my words

My teaching style

Relaxed, and comfortable. I believe learning should feel natural, and fun. I want you to be curious, and motivated because my teaching is that good.

What can you expect from my lessons?

Time to focus on your needs. Need to learn English? I can help! Need to improve writing skills? I can help! Need one-time help with a project? I can help!

Why me?

I’m young, full of energy, passion, and knowledge.

Why I’m passionate about this?

Effective communication is so essential in our daily lives. It’s one of the first things we notice about someone. The way we speak or write can communicate our background, our emotions, our intents, and so much more. I embrace different writing styles and abilities, I just want to help people sound clear and confident in their work.

What else I can do?

proofread, edit, coach on presentations