How to Make the Best of a Hard Time (moving, mental health, motivation)

Ask me anything

Hi, I’m Gowri from Kerala, India. I’m the friend you turn to when you’re going through a major life transition, like moving and trying to deal with all the challenges and emotions that come with that transition.

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $20 / hour

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Venmo, Google Pay

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

What’s a fun fact about you?

I can touch my nose with my tongue.

What can you talk about for hours?

The Universe!!!

What’s your favorite smell?

Vanilla

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

The fact that I graduated college a year early.

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

Being invisible.

What is the most normal thing about you?

I like pizza.

What do you hate?

Prejudice in any form. We’re all human beings and deserve to be treated like it.

In my words

My teaching style

Chill, great listener, kind, and will specifically tailor sessions to your needs.

What can you expect from my lessons?

It will be a safe and private space to be yourself, speak your truth and not feel judged. I can teach you the techniques I’ve used over the years to cope with moving and starting a new life. I’ll show you how I went from someone who’s reserved and resistant to change to someone who’s open-minded, experimental, and makes the most of every opportunity. Expect encouragement, laughter, motivation, growth, and support! It’ll be like hanging out with a friend who just gets it :slight_smile:

Why me?

I’ve been there and am proof that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Why I’m passionate about this?

My life has been full of adjusting to change. 2 months after I was born I started my ‘third culture kid’ journey and have been raised in 9 cities and 5 schools around the world. I know what it’s like to be the new kid, to just start to get comfortable in a place, only to have to pack up and leave again. I know what it’s like to feel alone and like no one understands you. I’m here to support you through this transition and help you make the most of it because I wish I would have had someone to turn to when I was going through it.

What else I can do?

We can talk about loneliness, being a WOC, the diasporic experience, topics seen as ‘taboo’ in South Asian society, motivate you to achieve your goals, or literally anything. Message me your request and let’s talk! I am here for you. I am not a professional or anything, just someone with personal experience looking to help others!