How to make beautiful watercolor paintings by letting the materials do the work!

Howdy Y’all, Jason here. I grew up observant, shy, and utterly consumed by beautiful things: trout and trees, pictures and poetry, rainy Saturdays and righteous stories. I’ve learned not to be so shy, and to turn my self-doubt into confidence as I pursue three things: drawing and painting, reading and writing, and most fun of all, fly-fishing! Along the way I also got degrees in philosophy and architecture, practiced the latter for 25 years, and grew a family too.

Now I’m an artist and all-around pandemic house-husband and yardwork-hound. I draw anything in any medium, and I paint watercolors. Plus, I don’t take criticism so personally. So - critique away. Show me how you’d do it. I’ll get better cuz’ of it.

I’ll happily instruct any beginner how to achieve beautiful and inspiring drawings and watercolors. And when I say “beginners,” I mean those with long-ago, long-gone, or NO experience. Really. I charge $50 for a 55 minute session, a session which will give you enough material to go for a month on your own!

I help beginners learn to draw and paint watercolors for the pure pleasure of it. At distance or in person, I’ll show you how to get started, how to gauge progress, how to select materials, and how to use all the tips and tricks I’ve learned over 25 years of making watercolors.

When we’re finished, you’ll have a big box of tools to go make awesome watercolors yourself. I can’t wait to see them!

I’m passionate about making watercolors because it’s the quickest way to get beauty down on paper and learn to let the medium do the work. Anyone can do it!

“What a breath of fresh air your art is!” – Carol, NJ

My website is www.jasonramay.com. Take a gander and let me know what you think.

Hi! I’m Jason from Fircrest, WA, USA. I help people experience the joy of creating beautiful drawings and watercolors with absolutely no experience. Anyone can draw - believe me!

www.jasonramay.com | @jasonaramay

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.

• If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.

• Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $50 / 55 min.

Small Group

• Team size (up to 5)
  • Price: $250 per student
  • Length: 4-weeks
  • Meeting: 1 time per week
  • Session length: 55 minutes
  • Start date: New groups start monthly

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Zelle

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

What’s a fun fact about you?

Though I’m 5’-8" tall in reality, I’m 6’-4" at heart!

What can you talk about for hours?

American novels, poetry, and painting.

What’s your favorite smell?

Rosemary

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

Major 24-hour fasting sessions, complete with hallucinations.

What do you hate?

Too much dill.

My teaching style

Experienced and encouraging.

What can you expect from my lessons?

I help beginners learn to draw and paint watercolors for the pure pleasure of it. At distance or in person, I’ll show you how to get started, how to gauge progress, how to select materials, and how to use all the tips and tricks I’ve learned over 25 years of making watercolors.
When we’re finished, you’ll have a big box of tools to go make awesome watercolors yourself. I can’t wait to see them!

Why I’m passionate about this?

I’m passionate about making watercolors because it’s the quickest way to get beauty down on paper and learn to let the medium do the work. Anyone can do it!

What else I can do?

I can talk about American fiction and poetry as long as you’d like. Prolly longer! Moby Dick, anyone? Leaves of Grass? Ninety-Two In The Shade? Just Before Dark? I’m in!