Holistic Healing

Ask me anything

Hello, friends! My name is Dixie and I live in Columbus, Ohio, USA. I help the old, sick and dying to find wholeness through a healing and sustainable balance in life.

My website | Facebook | LinkedIn

I have been a caregiver my whole life. When I was growing up, my mom struggled with chronic pain. Helping her inspired me to pursue a career in healthcare. Shortly after I got married, my husband was diagnosed with two chronic illnesses. In the 28 years that we’ve been married, he’s had 16 surgeries. I’ve spent more hours in medical offices and facilities than I can count and only a small percentage of them were for me and my own health issues. Over time, I let my own health go more and more until I found myself obese and experiencing widespread pain that wouldn’t go away. Something had to change.

One week at church our pastor interviewed William Malarkey, MD, a research physician from the Ohio State University Medical Center. He talked about holistic wellness and how all the dimensions of our being are connected: physical, intellectual, emotional, relational and spiritual. I picked up Dr. Malarkey’s book and began my journey towards wellness using a whole person approach. I lost 60 pounds, found a great team of holistic professionals who put together a comprehensive plan for managing my pain, began the slow process of healing emotionally, dug into research on the methodology of holistic healing practices, discovered my spiritual home in monasticism and joined a 21st century monastic order. I eventually discerned that I was a healer at heart and now I want to help others navigate their own journey towards wholeness.

I love to talk about everything related to holistic healing! What questions do you have about it? Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $35 / session

Be Whole Packages

1. Wholly Yours ~ a whole person approach to weight loss
  2. It Is Well ~ a whole person approach to chronic illness or healthy aging
  3. Peace Be Still ~ a whole person approach to pain management
  4. Breath of Life ~ a whole person engagement with nature therapy
  • Price: $100 / month or $297 for 7-session program

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Venmo, Cash app, Zelle

How to schedule an appointment

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Support Group

• Navigating Chronic Illness Side-By-Side

This group creates space for those who live with chronic illness and their family members who care for them can come together to learn, grow, connect, and pray.

• Cost: Free! Sponsored by Vineyard Columbus
  • Length: ongoing
  • Meeting: 1st & 3rd Mondays, 2:00 PM EST
  • Session length: 1 hour

Interview with Talktime

What can you talk about for hours?

*The holistic healing effects of Christian monastic practices. Little did the monastics know that they held space for these little gifts of healing that the world so desperately needs! As a vowed sister in The Order of the Common Life, my vocation is to share these beautiful, healing practices with everyone and anyone who is willing to give them a try.

What is the most normal thing about you?

*I love computer games. Specifically, the Emily Delicious series. I’ve been playing Emily games since the very first game and love following Emily’s life through her childhood memories, establishing her restaurant experience and business, finding love, and having a family.

Where did you grow up?

*I grew up on a cattle farm in Ohio. My family attended a Mennonite church and my mom was the church pianist. Our family sang together in all kinds of different churches.

In my words

Vineyard Columbus Support for Life video series

*COVID-Care: Centering Prayer for Anxiety and Depression

*COVID-Care: 2-Part Video Series on Loss and Lament

*COVID-Care: 2-Part Video Series on Boosting Your Immune System through Imaginative Prayer

My coaching style

Wholly Yours Logo . blue-green

*I use Dr. Malarkey’s whole-person approach for improvement of health and wellbeing in all aspects of your life. It helps you understand your current behavior and how you can make better choices to improve whatever you feel is important, what you’re most motivated to change at the moment. Whether your current challenge is related to a chronic health condition, terminal illness, or symptoms related to aging, I can offer you companionship in your wellness journey by incorporating your sense of self identity, personal and professional relationships, and meaning in everyday life.

What can you expect from my lessons?

*Quiet, relaxing conversations that increase your awareness of the different dimensions of your being: physical, intellectual, emotional, relational and spiritual. Open-ended questions that will help you discover the root of your dys-ease and ways to pull on your areas of strength to shore up your areas of weakness.

Why I’m passionate about this?

*Everything is connected. Our bodies are affected by our minds, emotions, relationships, and our spiritual vitality. And the visa versa is also true. How we use and treat our body, mind, and spirit affects all the other aspects of our lives as well. To deny this connectivity of our whole being is to disregard the empowerment we have to change our level of health and wellbeing.

What else I can do?

*I am an amateur nature photographer and videographer. Being in nature is one of the best healing modalities in the world. Through my photographs, people can bring nature into their homes and hands so they can engage with nature therapy when they are not able to physically go out into nature itself.

Beloved Servant Nature Photography

Find my nature videos on YouTube

Never Forget

“Love is a union of emotion and choice, chemistry and conversation, solace and solidarity, touch and response, uplift and upend.” ~ Dixie Vargo