High School Math Tutoring

Ask me anything

Hi! I’m Ted from Seattle WA USA and currently living in Warr Acres, OK USA I help people with their math. I am a math teacher currently teaching Algebra, but I teach Geometry, Trigonometry, and Calculus as well.

Here is an example of me teaching my distance learning students.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $45/ hour

Small Group

• Team size (up to 5)
  • Price: $45 per student
  • Length: 4-weeks
  • Meeting: 2 time(s) per week
  • Session length: 1 hours
  • Start date: New groups start monthly

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Venmo *

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

I am a retired software engineer who has started a second career teaching High School Math. I enjoy teaching and have always loved mathematics. As a high schooler I struggled with Math, but after having a great Calculus teacher in college I discovered that it wasn’t me it was the teaching methods that made math a struggle for me. My goal is to make math accessible to everyone. We all need some math, and at some point you may need less, but right now if you are struggling you need me. I will get you over your frustrations and turn you into a someone who can at least get through this one class.

What’s a fun fact about you?

I was an extra in a movie filmed at my school just recently. While I was in college I rebuilt the engine to my VW bus in my dorm room.

What can you talk about for hours?

I love baseball and shift my body clock to Pacific Time in the summer to watch Seattle Mariners game streamed over the internet.

What is the most normal thing about you?

I am a grandfather. I teach math to my granddaughter.

What do you hate?

I really hate when people give up on themselves when it comes to math. I can help, so let me help you.

My teaching style

I show you how to do a problem while you watch. Then we do 2-3 problems together. Then you show me how to do the problem. That is the best way to learn just about anything.

What can you expect from my lessons?

You can expect me to figure out where you are having trouble, and I will figure out the best way to explain what is needed so that you will understand the concepts.

Why me?

I thoroughly enjoy teaching and I make it fun for the both of us.

Why I’m passionate about this?

We are a society that needs math literate people to solve the hard problems. We need people to trust the scientists and experts that use math to identify and solve issues like global warming, and economic injustice. Math is the language that these people use. Everyone should understand at least the basics.