First time author or emerging writer coaching

Hello, my friends and colleagues call me Chandler, I’m from Hawai’i originally but now reside in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. I’m an indie author with several published works under my belt. These include my most recent work, a collaborative effort with many first time authors of the Gettysburg Writers Brigade.

Find us here --> https://www.meetup.com/Gettysburg-Writers-Brigade-Meetup-Group/

Working with this amazing team gave me the opportunity to coach many first timers and to hone my teaching/coaching/mentoring skills first developed in the Armed Forces (22 years). I love helping new writers find their voice and a path to success in our industry. It’s a passion I’m pursuing full-time now.

I write primarily in the fantasy/horror/supernatural genres. I’m working on a historical fiction WWII piece, and a short story anthology. I first published in 2012 and I’ve learned a lot of things about self-publishing the hard way.

Let me help you learn from that experience.

Services & Pricing:

1 on 1 discussion on any writerly topic $10 hr. (Marketing, cover design, do’s and don’ts etc.) Zoom, google hangout / meeting or by phone.
Feedback on early drafts $25 up to 15,000 words.
$50 up to 80000.
Over 80000 $75.
Strict confidentiality ensured.
Customized packages and services negotiable.

Find me on Amazon, my primary outlet now here: https://www.amazon.com/~/e/B007SNN8QK
That has links to my blogs and reviews of my various works. Here is a sampling of reviews from verified purchasers:

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

Ask me anything

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 2 business days to respond to your question.

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Venmo *

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

Talktime: It’s good to have you. Thanks for taking the time to do this with us. Feel free to write how you talk. The best interviews show instead of tell. Do you have photos, videos, or work samples? Include these in your response if possible. Bottom line: Show yourself in action.

What’s a fun fact about you?

I use am terribly subversive and contrarian. It leaks into almost everything I do.

What can you talk about for hours?

Character development, the art of story arcs, my kids.

What’s your favorite smell?

Turkey in the ove.

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

Type response here // delete before post

What is the most normal thing about you?

Probably my fear or failure and struggles with self-doubt common to many artists. It’s pretty normal. There seems to be a requirement for a certain amount of anxiety, introspection, even madness to do this kind of work.

What do you hate?

Bullies and rude people, also over done veggies.

In my words

My teaching style

Before I open my big mouth I try to listen and gauge a students own sense of the obstacles they face and their own progress. I bring menus of options and possible solutions from my experience and trusted sources and let the student find their own way.

What can you expect from my lessons?

You’re going to get the benefit of decades of experience. While I’ve only been publishing on my own since 2012, I’ve written, edited and coached writers for the federal government and military intelligence community since 2000. Hopefully you gain a friend and someone you can trust with any project. Honest criticisms from a variety of perspectives. Once a topic is proposed, I will assemble a script or handout to guide us and go over each piece in detail.

Why me?

I’m still learning this business myself, I’ve been able to successfully guide other novices and a lot of my experience is recent and particularly useful to emerging or first time authors. I have resources and colleagues I can access that have taken two decades to assemble.

Why I’m passionate about this?

I’ve always wanted to write for a living, for as long as I can remember. In the military I learned I have a passion for teaching and coaching. This lets me combine those two loves in a whole new way.

What else I can do?

I’m skilled at creating exciting and fun activities for my dad time with the kids.