ESL, reading and writing help

Hello, I’m Jeanette and I work as an ESL Teacher (English as a second language). I also help native English speaking children with reading, storytelling and writing skills. I have worked with children in the ESL world for three years, but have over 20 years experience workign in Nursery schools, primary schools, and other child-based areas and facilities.

My real strengths are working with children from 4 years old to 12 years old, although I enjoy chatting to my teenage and adult students too.

I love my job, and I can work with beginners or more advanced ESL learners. Many of my current students have been with me for two years, some of them even more! I am also happy to have conversational English with adult ESL learners.

I have an early childhood education qualification; a degree in English, History and Creative Writing; a TEFL; plenty of experience in my field, and I am also a published writer (short pieces and magazine articles, and about to release my first novel).

I can offer story reading and story analysis too. Ask me if there is something I can help with.

I am also happy to chat about writing or help with creative writing.
I also have experience of making ceramic giftware; gardening (I grow my own veg), homeschooling (my children are grown now). I live in Ireland, but am British. My accent is British and my time zone is GMT.

I love to talk and meet people and share cultural experiences. I’m happy to listen without judgement and I am genuinely interested in people and places - this is why I have built such a good reputation among the ESL companies I work for!

Please ask me anything - I will try to help.

ESL or writing/reading/story analysis costs: $25 per 45 minutes.
Beginners or young children are often best suited to 30 minute sessions to begin with: $18 for 30 minutes.

Group sessions: up to 4 children in one group - I may need to meet them initially to check levels for appropriate grouping. Sibling groups welcome (small discount for siblings available)

I prefer to work via Zoom, but will consider Skype or other options to suit us all.

Payment via Paypal or Bank transfer.

Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

How to buy:

Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 5 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

This is me chatting to a girl in China. When we first met, she could barely say hello. 18 months on, she can converse happily about her day and read stories in English:

This picture shows an example class two children work together to analyse a story:

Please get in touch if you think I can help you! Thank you, Jeanette