Hi! I’m Pola from Thessaloniki, Greece and have been living in Stockholm, Sweden for the past 7 years. Or maybe scratch that! I am back in Thessaloniki now working from home and thinking what to do with my life
I help people experience the joy of communicating and expressing themselves through the English language. I live for these aha! moments of the people I teach and am extremely happy when I see more people fall in love with the language.
If you want to take a look at my LinkedIn profile, please do so below. I am quite proud of it
I offer English lessons on a number of topics but specialise more in Business English and IELTS preparation. Here’s how it works:
- Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
- If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
- Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.
- Price: $40 / hour
- What’s included: apart from the actual lesson, you get access to a wide range of materials, corrections (if writing is involved), and specific help with any of your projects.
- Location: Zoom, Hangouts, Skype
- Price: $320/ month
*What’s included: 2x lessons/week, you get access to a wide range of materials, corrections (if writing is involved), and specific help with any of your projects.
- Location: Zoom, Hangouts, Skype
- Team size (up to 3)
- Price: $250 per student/month
- Length: 4-weeks
- Meeting: 2 time(s) per week
- Session length: 1 hour
- Location: Zoom, Hangouts
- Start date: New groups start monthly
How to buy
- Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.
Now that we got this stuff out of the way, let’s talk fun
What’s a fun fact about you?
I never know what to reply to this question. I guess I am kind of impulsive when it comes to travelling, so I will book a ticket on a whim (clearly can’t do now in this situation, but looking forward to a post-covid era)
What can you talk about for hours?
I can talk about books for hours! I love reading and I am especially interested in criminology. I can also talk about languages and learning for hours on end. Oh and dancing!
What’s your favorite smell?
Anything with cocoa or coconut. I love orange and cinnamon too pours tea with these flavours I love tea by the way!
What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?
I actually talk about anything, so I can’t say there are a lot of things hindering me
What’s one super power you would NOT want?
Reading minds. I’d rather we all kept these things to ourselves. Sometimes the truth can hurt.
What is the most normal thing about you?
What is normal?
What do you hate?
Hate is a strong word and I’d rather not use it. But I hate it when I complain about small and insignificant things. But we’re all human, aren’t we?
Anything else that you’d like to share?
I am an introverted nerd that loves to drink tea, read books, teach, and dance (salsa!). It takes me some time to dig deep when I am to talk about myself but I love listening to other people talk and relate to their experiences.
In my words
That’s me by the way! I tried to look professional. People who know me make fun of me for this
My teaching style
- My teaching philosophy is based on my students achieving their goals and growing as learners. I create an atmosphere in which every individual feels secure and integrated while learning. Moreover, I pay great attention to the needs and wants of my students, preparing my lessons based on what they wish to achieve. I want my students to know that their voice will be heard and their opinion will be valued. I hope that you will give me a chance and that we will learn together!*
What can you expect from my lessons?
You can expect understanding, knowledge of the subject, and honest personal connection
I really do care about my students. I want them to learn.
Why am I passionate about this?
*It’s actually a funny story. When I was in school I did not like the subject of English at all. I disliked it as much as I disliked math (this is ongoing, has not changed since then ) When I was about 15 years old, my mom hired a tutor for me and my brothers. I was in love with her way of teaching and fell in love with the language, so much so that I wanted to be like her and bring others the same joy and love for the subject she instilled in me. *
What else can I do?
*I can laugh a lot (which I believe is clear from the number of emojis used in this text *
Looking forward to getting to know you!