Empathetic Mental Health & Human Rights Advocate/Writer/Artist Available For Conversation

About Me

Hi all!

I am Arielle London, a mental health and human rights advocate from Montreal, Quebec, Canada :canada:. I am also a passionate writer and artist, more specifically a singer, rapper and painter. I volunteer at a non-profit that helps at-risk youth in the Montreal area and I am the proud creator of a political theory for the promotion of children’s rights called The Child-Centric Framework.

I have a Master’s in Human Rights from the UCL School of Public Policy in London, England, which is where I created The Child-Centric Framework for my dissertation.

To check out the full theory click here.

Before completing my M.A. at UCL I studied Political Science for my undergraduate degree at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. I did a double minor in Social Studies of Medicine and Education for Arts Students at the same time.

I am a published writer with my work having been seen on such popular platforms as Global Grind, AskMen, HotNewHipHop and Thought Catalog.

I began singing as a child but only picked it back up again while I was living in London studying Human Rights. When I returned to Canada I started rapping and the rest is history.

Painting is something that I also enjoyed as a child and did not rediscover again until years later.

I have strong communication and teaching skills that allow me to converse naturally. I would say one of my greatest superpowers is translating difficult concepts into more simple (and possibly more entertaining) terms. I am here to talk to you about the things that are on your mind, the skill sets you may want to improve, or just about anything under the sun where you feel I may be able to help.

My website | Instagram | LinkedIn | Soundcloud | YouTube | Twitter

If you have questions for me, don’t be shy, feel free to ask away in the comments! If you would like to ask anonymously as well, that’s cool, just please remember to be respectful. If you want for me to look at something, please include it in the comments. Also, please give me time and patience for a response. Thank you!

Services:

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $60 CAD/ hour

Payments accepted

• PayPal

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

What’s a fun fact about you?

When I was a child I wanted to be a teacher so badly that I used to practice with my stuffed animals. I would line them all up in rows and conduct full lectures for Scruffy, Ruffy, and Sir-Barks-A-Lot.

What can you talk about for hours?

Honestly, almost anything and everything, but to get specific… definitely social justice, music, hip-hop, RnB, art, writing, creativity, relationships, human rights, mental health, struggle, recovery…

What’s your favorite smell?

The ocean or any home-cooked meal.

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

When I was 15 years old I received an award for Excellence in Musical Theatre at my Junior High graduation. I was stunned when I won because the school was so competitive and I did not personally believe that I was a contender for the award. Feeling recognized for my musical and theatrical talents was an amazing feeling back then and I now know why… I think it was because I finally felt seen.

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

That gucky web stuff that comes from Spider-Man’s hands. The stuff looks practical, true, but definitely yucky.

What is the most normal thing about you?

Wow…this question is difficult to answer… normal and I don’t necessarily go hand in hand but I would have to say my most normal attribute is that I tend to be a creature of habit.

What do you hate?

Racism. Inequality. Prejudice. Injustice. Misogyny.

Anything else that you’d like to share?

I am excited to have come across this platform and hope to be interact with some amazing individuals. I am a healer at heart, and would love to help others in any way that can work via conversation on Zoom. So please, feel free to contact me :heart:.

In my words

My teaching style

I believe that teaching should be engaging and provide a memorable atmosphere so that the student does not only walk away with questions answered but lessons learned. There is a difference between the two. One is straight knowledge and the other is wisdom. I believe that you can provide both. I also believe in teaching being specific to the student.

What can you expect from my lessons?

I would say that you can expect to feel refreshed, empowered, heard, and educated on the subject matter of your choice. During our conversations we can focus on the subjects you are most eager to learn about and I will utilize my knowledge set and resources to respond as fully as possible. You can also expect to laugh, hear truths, and walk away with a new perspective.

Why me?

I am a unique person. My empathy is perhaps one of my greatest strengths and my willingness to teach and learn has been entrenched in me from childhood. I have nurtured my teaching skills over the years having private tutored both in Canada and the United Kingdom and I love to converse! I am a dynamic human being with original thoughts and healing intentions that can only serve your purpose at the end of the day.

Why I’m passionate about this?

Because I believe that knowledge should be passed on and healing needs to be done.

What else I can do?

I can talk to you about the happy subject matters or the difficult ones. I have really been through a lot in my own personal life. I have survived abusive relationships, rape, homelessness, psychiatric wards, child abuse and traumas that were difficult to go through but I am still here. I am a survivor above all else, and you know what, you are too. So in terms of what else I can do, really I can talk to you about how to overcome almost anything under the sun. I can provide insight based on my own experience and share annecdotes as well. I am here to help, I hope that if you want or need it, you will reach out so that I can!

1 Like