Earthling to Earthling Services

Ask me anything

Greetings fellow earthlings! My name is Rebecca and I recently moved from New Jersey to Utah to explore new places. Prior to settling in Utah, I road tripped cross country in a minivan for 8 weeks. Now I am settled in Utah, preparing for a great snowboarding season. I have a passion for both nature and science, which is why I studied Geology and Environmental Science. I have experience in tutoring, mentoring, and coaching people of all ages! Most of my life I worked as a professional sports instructor where I coached everything from Inline Skating, to Cricket, and everything in-between (rock climbing, soccer, basketball, disc golf, you name it!) During my senior year in college, I became an Environmental Geology tutor, working for the school as a Peer Tutor. I really enjoy sharing knowledge and teaching people new skills (no matter what the skill maybe). I’m easy going and love to laugh, I hope I can get to know you!

To start, I would like to offer the following services:

-Geology Lessons/Tutoring/Discussions: You pick the topics! And I’ll create a lesson to help you better understand the subject(s) or we can have an open discussion. Examples: Plate Tectonics, Weather & Climate, Natural Disasters, Evolution, Rocks & Minerals, Natural Resources, Renewable Energy, anything you might have seen on an episode of Cosmos, etc.

-Art Lessons - Mandala & Wood Burning. I find art to be therapeutic. Creating Mandalas is my new favorite art hobby. I also enjoy wood burning, I like to make picture frames as gifts. I’d love to teach you how to create your own mandala or wood burned artwork!

-Heart-To-Heart Talk: I am a sufferer of Major Depression, but I am proud of the steps I am taking to overcome it. I want to offer services to those who feel like they don’t know who to talk to, because I’ve been there. I want to hear your story, and if you want, I’ll tell you mine.

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $15 / half-hour

Packages

Includes five (5) sessions /45 minute each

• Price: $100 / month

Small Group

• Team size (up to 5)
  • Price: $120 per student
  • Length: 4-weeks
  • Meeting: 2 time(s) per week
  • Session length: one hour
  • Start date: New groups start monthly

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Venmo // change as needed // delete before post

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

// Delete section before you post - start

Talktime: It’s good to have you. Thanks for taking the time to do this with us. Feel free to write how you talk. The best interviews show instead of tell. Do you have photos, videos, or work samples? Include these in your response if possible. Bottom line: Show yourself in action.

// Delete section before you post - end

What’s a fun fact about you?
I rescued three feral kittens that I found on my college campus

What can you talk about for hours?

Earth, Space, Life

What’s your favorite smell?

Freshly baked cookies…

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

Overcoming depression

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

Anything destructive

What is the most normal thing about you?

I have two sisters

What do you hate?

Ketchup!

My teaching style

Patient, goal focused, step by step, hands-on

What can you expect from my lessons?

A better understanding of topics discussed

Why me?

I love to share knowledge and help people develop new skillsets.