Do you have something on your mind but need help putting it in words? Ready to bring your next story to life? I would love to work with you as your writing, editing and content development consultant!

Greetings from West Michigan! My name is Shanika and I am an author, freelance writer and editor, and adjunct communications instructor. After 15 years of freelancing, I established a writing and editing business, The Write Flow & Vibe, LLC (www.writeflowandvibe.com). My business attracts a variety of clientele, including fellow authors and businesses. I also provide career consulting, holding a consistent track record of successfully assisting my clients in creating and revising their resumes to attract potential employers.

As an adjunct instructor, I teach in the subject areas of communications, speech, and student success. I also advise students and clients on writing strategies, as well as serve as a freelance writer for various publications and organizations. After graduating from Muskegon Heights High School (Muskegon Heights, MI) I went on to earn my Bachelor of Arts degree in advertising from Michigan State University (MSU) and my Master of Science degree in communications from Grand Valley State University (GVSU).

With the release of To Lead or Not to Lead , which originated from my previous dissertation topic on the value of implementing better communications and diversity within the workplace to improve relationships amongst leaders and employees, I aspire to continue writing more books, speaking engagements, and growing my business. I have participated in panel discussions and workshops in West Michigan, speaking on my experiences as a professional writer and book author. During the COVID-19 pandemic, I’ve also spoken to various social media groups and participated as a guest speaker for several nonprofit events.

A native of Muskegon Heights, Michigan, I proudly profess my affiliations with my fellow Muskegon Heights Tigers, MSU Spartans, GVSU Lakers, and Sorors of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated!

Write Flow & Vibe, LLC , Freelance and Consultation Details:
Please contact me directly for pricing details for services, as they vary based on the type of project. My rates and payment options are reasonable and flexible.

Here is how you can connect with me:

Shanika P. Carter
writeflowandvibe.com
shanikathewriter@gmail.com
Writing | Editing | Communications | Research | Career Consulting | Social Media | Instruction | Workshops

• You can also direct message me. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Quick Q&A with Talktime- ask me anything!

What’s a fun fact about you?

I am a huge Jackson fan…I can talk Michael, Janet and Jackson family trivia for hours! I also love the Rocky (Balboa) and Creed series and horror movies. I’m a self-proclaimed movie buff!

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

The ability to hear everyone’s thoughts at once!

What is the most normal thing about you?

I want to be loved just like anyone else

What do you hate?

Bullies and people in power who take advantage of having it.