Discussions and Help: Writing/Editing/Loss and Grief/FFXIV/Literature/Volunteerism

Ask Me Anything

Hello! I’m Gina from the metro-Detroit area, MI, United States and I currently live in the same region. I can help with or talk about writing (especially creative writing), editing essays/manuscripts/personal writing, how loss/deaths and grief feel as a child, how loss/deaths feel as a young adult, Final Fantasy XIV content and my experiences in that game over the past seven years, literature and books (recommendations for certain interests are available), and community service and volunteerism (including how to involve children in volunteer work, what working with teens is like, what outreach with non-profits can feel like, the varying attitudes towards volunteerism, and volunteerism’s potential effect on a community).

LinkedIn is forthcoming.

Services

Private, 1-on-1 Conversations

• Price: $35 / hour

Packages

• Price: $135 - $585/month
  • Range is one hour meeting per week to five hours per week in packages.

Proposals for group tutoring or conversations are welcome

Payments accepted

• Venmo
    PayPal is in the works

How to Buy

• You may Direct Message me and I will respond within three business days.

Get to Know Me

What’s your favorite smell?

Usually cinnamon, though citrus smells and mild laundry detergents, and COCONUT (!) all make me happy.

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

How long I’ve been playing Final Fantasy XIV for? I’ve been told I’m a nerd.

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

Mind reading.

What is the most normal thing about you?

Uhhh… I recently bought a coloring book and I’m actually coloring in it!

What do you hate?

Shrimp, as in the food, probably not the crustaceans

Anything else that you’d like to share?

When I was a kid, my favorite toys were paper dolls.

In My Words

My teaching style

Mutual respect and open communication (transparency is key)

What can you expect from my lessons?

You can respect a relaxed and hopefully comfortable environment where I want you to find the answers you’re looking for.

Why me?

I’ve seen a lot of things in my life. I haven’t travelled much or even seen the ocean, but I’ve had life experiences most people within my age group have not had.

Why I’m passionate about this?

About the things I listed at the top or about Talktime and all it entails? I feel like this is a website/service which actually wants to be helpful. That vibe is something I can be passionate about. The things I listed at the top of this post are things I;ve expereinced and things I know I’m passionate about.

What else I can do?

Advise you on outfits/clothing choices, talk about my dogs, talk about weight issues and body image issues, talk about living with an autoimmune disease, talk about caring for a sometimes emotionally incompetent guy… fairies (childhood obsession with fairies) and flowers and how cute fairy outfits will always be because the outfits are made of plants/flowers!? Oh, and arts and crafts ideas, especially for kids!