Discovering myself this year

So, I was laid off when the pandemic first happened, back in March. The funny thing is, I wasn’t even upset. I HATED that place, and I lost sight of why I even wanted to work there. So I got a call center job, which I haven’t done since undergrad. I loved working from home, but I hated being glued to the computer, and seat. So, I decided to look into things that allows room to breathe. I currently do door dash for side money, I’ve started a blog page on wordpress, and I’ve just joined talktime. I’m a grad student studying psych, so this is perfect for me. I’m also getting into freelance writing, because I found I love to write my thoughts, which inspired the blog. Now, nothing is making money yet, but I feel at peace starting all of it. My husband is supportive of this phase, and I can’t wait until things kick off. 2020 has been a horrible year, but in this disaster, I’ve managed to find myself.

Congrats on being able to find the silver lining and make the most out of a less than ideal situation. Best wishes on continued success in school, the world needs more good psychs.

1 Like

Happy for you babe! Things will only get better.

1 Like