Digital Art: Easy Tips to make it less Intimidating

Hi! My name is Dri and I’m from Maryland, USA. I’ve been drawing digitally for about 3 years now. I started on a Surface Pro but eventually graduated to IPad status. Yay! I think my favorite things to draw right are portraits, fantasy scenes, and pretty girls!

However, I wasn’t always comfortable with drawing digitally. It takes a lot of getting used to, and takes even more just to navigate yourself around a quality program.

Having worked on a variety of art programs (IBIS Paint, Autodesk Sketchbook, Procreate, Clip Studio, and at one time Abobe Illustrator) I have struggled not only to work with the programs, but to create a piece that actually looks good to me. Yes, getting good at art takes practice, but an understanding of a program goes far too!

Since I am still in school for art myself, my technical art advice can only go so far, but if you are willing to go the distance so am I!

I usually charge around $25-$35 an hour for commissions and lessons.

Ask me anything!

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $25-$35/ hour

Packages

• Price: $300 - $500 / month

Small Group

• Team size (up to 5)
  • Price: $1000 per student
  • Length: 4-weeks
  • Meeting: 3 time(s) per week
  • Session length: 3-4 hours
  • Start date: New groups start monthly

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Venmo, CashApp, Zelle*

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

Talktime: It’s good to have you. Thanks for taking the time to do this with us. Feel free to write how you talk. The best interviews show instead of tell. Do you have photos, videos, or work samples? Include these in your response if possible. Bottom line: Show yourself in action.

What’s a fun fact about you?

I really love musicals! I am currently obsessed with SIX!

What can you talk about for hours?

Pokemon! Ask me why Generation 5 is the best generation and I will literally just keep talking.

What’s your favorite smell?

My cat. She smells very…cat like? I dont know how else to explain it!

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

My singing ability. A lot of people are surprised when they hear my voice.

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

Flight. I’d get too nervous, land immediately, and never try flying again.

What is the most normal thing about you?

My logical train of thought.

What do you hate?

Spiders. I have intense arachnophobia.

Anything else that you’d like to share?

Please buy a commission, comment your favorite pokemon, or share a musical I should watch!

My teaching style

My teaching style is a mixture of verbal and hands on. I personally don’t like lectures, so you wont see many of those from me!

What can you expect from my lessons?

I will be drawing along with you and helping along the way!

Why me?

Any new method/thing I learn, I will share right along with you! You never stop evolving as an artist, and seeing the progress we both can make is exciting!

Why I’m passionate about this?

I love art! It’s my past, my present, and my future!

What else I can do?

Even if you need small tips, I’m here!!

IMG_20200903_111545|386x500