Creative Hackathon - Brand Strategy Consult

Kia Ora, I am Wyatt, or to my mates – Wai Yee (that’s my chinese name). I am a Malaysian-born Chinese, currently based in Christchurch, New Zealand.

What I do?
Here’s the thing, I’ve always known I’d be some sort of a designer since I was 7 years old. As a kid, my curiosity got the better of me. I tend to dismantle anything I can get my hands on just to see how it was created and learn from it. I once dismantled my dad’s vintage record player and I almost could not piece it back together but I did! Ever since that, I am always intrigued by how things are designed. Eventually, I became obsessed with colors, shapes, materials, and sensory elements. Yes, I am one of those nerds.

So how did I get from that to being a graphic designer and now a Creative Strategist? Somewhere along the way, I learned to use Photoshop and I could not stop creating all sorts of photo manipulation since. What was merely a fantasy idea became real in the digital world. I pride myself as a digital surgeon (because I’m not smart enough to be a real surgeon). I was fortunate enough to be mentored by Steve Koh, an expert in commercial photography. During my time with his studio, I was fortunate enough to be part of a team that has won numerous advertising awards. One that meant the most to me was the Cyber Lotus Award, online banner advertising category for a web campaign made for Neutrogena, titled UV Away.

Works best with screen brightness set to normal. Tilt screen to reveal hidden message.

Together with Art Directors from Naga DDB, we cracked our skulls for weeks to create the world’s first lenticular web banner. We only had one thing in mind back then, nothing is impossible. That experience taught me something I called Practical Creativity. We all love the new, exciting, and fresh from the oven ideas but that requires a huge budget and a lot of time. Instead, I preach practical creativity – it is still creative nonetheless but financially efficient and can be turned around quickly by making full use of what we have at hand. Most importantly, practical creativity gets you results. I always love a good challenge to make the impossible possible. At least, I will not go down without a fight. In my 10 years of being actively involved in building brands, drafting creative strategies, building events from zero, and running them myself has made me realized that I really do love my job. That’s how I push for innovation. When the global pandemic hits, I co-founded a virtual event service that we designed from scratch. In the span of just 8 months, we’ve managed to fully launch our software and secured various high-profile clienteles. With that, I’d say I have quite the eye for potentials and have a trick or two to achieve good results.

My website | LinkedIn

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1 - Creative Consult on Brand Strategy or Advertising Campaign

• Price: $50 / hour

Payments accepted

• PayPal

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.