Consultant for individuals with disabilities

Ask me anything

Hello! My name is Morgan, and I am an occupational therapist based out of Maryland. In my role, I help individuals with disabilities - all disabilities - accomplish the tasks in their life that they both need and want to do.

This is what we call occupations - the things you do that occupy your time. It can be as basic as dressing or feeding, and more complex like health management, work or school participation, leisure activities, and social experiences. Occupational therapists work with people across the lifespan, in all areas of life.

Maybe you or a family member experienced an injury/illness and some things are now harder to do. Or you may be a parent who has questions about your child’s development, or your teenager/young adult’s readiness for adulthood. Or you’re trying to learn coping strategies to support your mental health. I’m available for it all and would love to chat with you, feel free to ask questions! :grinning:

My LinkedIn

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• If you have a question about my role and what I can help with, feel free to ask me in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

While I am an occupational therapist, my role on this platform is a consultant. We can talk about the issues you’re facing, discuss solutions, and identify resources. If you are interested in direct treatment either in-person or via telehealth, I encourage you to research providers in your area.

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $75 / hour

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Venmo *

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 3 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

What’s a fun fact about you?
I have 2 master’s degrees - one in Occupational Therapy, and the other in Exercise Science. I always love when I get to combine my training from both.

What’s your favorite smell?

Fresh laundry. I love walking down the detergent aisle at Target. :relaxed:

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

I published a literature review on children’s physical activity. It doesn’t often come up in my occupational therapy work, but it was recently cited in a well-known journal.

What do you hate?

I hate seeing people be hurtful.

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

Super smelling power.

What is the most normal thing about you?

Despite having a background in exercise science, I am in no way an athlete. And I love cookies.

Anything else that you’d like to share?

I get a lot of joy in helping to remove barriers to success. I like the perspective of disability as an issue of the environment in which you live. While sometimes the solution is having to adapt to the world, it’s a lot more satisfying when we can make the world adapt to you.

1 Like

Fabulous! Welcome to the group :two_hearts: