Combating negative thoughts and staying positive moving forward

Some days can be really hard to stay positive. But I remind myself tomorrow is a new day and I can start off fresh again. Last year was very difficult and sent me into a bit of a spiral in many aspects of my life, even though positive things were happening, my inner self was not at peace, and was in fact screaming of pain and fear most of the time.

To combat this I forced myself to stay as busy as possible to more or less wear myself out every day so I wouldn’t have to actively feel the internal struggles I was going through. However, this is a very unhealthy practice. To help conquer feelings of despair and negativity, for myself, I have to face it head on, get to the roots of this issue, and talk it out internally.

This was not a practice I did for myself much last year. This year I started fresh habits, not new year resolutions but actual life and mind changes. Waking up in the mornings with self affirmation, goals, a nice cup of coffee, and less negative thoughts about myself and my world.

It’s so easy to fall into the trap of negativity, but this year is going to be different, as I’ve learned what some of my flaws can be, and how to adjust them. I’ve taken the leap and gone back to school, and must remind myself that even though a long path lays ahead of me, the outcome will be worth the fight and the discipline that I put upon myself to continue moving forward in a healthy and determined way.