Coaching to Cultivate Peace and Resilience in Troubled Times

Mindfulness & Integration Coaching

Who Am I?

My name is Alex and I am a life coach specializing in mindfulness and integration (See ‘My Services in a Nutshell’ below), but my real superpower is empathy.

:earth_americas: Utah, USA - Mountain Time (UTC-7:00)

Pricing & Payment

:moneybag:
Single session: $30/hr. (£21.88)
Recurring sessions: $25/hr. (£18.30)
Group sessions (2 or more people): $40/hr. (£29.17)
All payments are via PayPal, and I’m willing to discuss alternative compensation if money is tight.

Sessions

:clock2:
Sessions are held via Skype or Google Meet, usually 1 hour each. I offer sessions singly and recurring. Once I know more about your needs and preferences I’ll tailor the schedule accordingly. Sessions by phone are also available for those who can’t do video calls.

My Services in a Nutshell

:handshake:
I offer mindfulness and integration coaching, which means I help and support each of my clients in more fully discovering their own emotional and mental patterns. I can help you take steps that fit your situation and your needs, whether it’s as simple as learning to take time to disconnect from the world and breathe every day, or as involved as taking the aspects of yourself you are afraid of or disturbed by—your “dark side,” if you will—and learning to turn those from sources of anxiety and distress into assets to improve decision-making, deepen inner-peace, and provide freedom from needless worry and suffering.

What Makes Me Different

:dizzy:
Of all the various ways of approaching life coaching, so many seek to abolish negativity, banish doubt, and exile anger. One way my approach is distinctly different from others is that, rather than helping you bury or abandon your negative elements, I will instead help you transform them into more mature parts of your personality. Issues with anger and violence? I’ll help that part of you grow to become a strong and loyal guardian. Suffering from depression and anxiety? I’ll help that part of you grow to become a wise, discerning agent that can help you steer clear of needless risk and heartache. Constantly self-critical? I’ll help that part of you grow to become a compassionate friend who won’t let you struggle under the weight of harmful and limiting burdens.

What I Don’t Offer

:no_entry:

• Coaching for minors
  • Treatment for mental disorders and psychoses
  • Health & fitness coaching
  • Business consulting
  • Instructions to cook a perfect omelette

…BUT, in most cases, my coaching will still have positive and long-lasting effects that improve mental wellness, self-image, quality of relationships, business performance, and cooki—wait… No, probably still not cooking.

My Background

:open_book:
I am a long-time practitioner of meditation, philosophical introspection, logic, and spiritual dynamics. My approach to helping my clients is informed mainly by Zen philosophy, Ken Wilber’s Integral Theory, Hal & Sidra Stone’s voice dialogue method, and Bill Harris’s principles of self awareness. For those not familiar, these methodologies are generally concerned with gradually developing intense awareness of one’s own thoughts and feelings, allowing them to exist without judgment, and allowing that dispassionate view to yield greater insight into the many sides of ourselves and other people that wouldn’t be discernible otherwise. I have used and practiced each of these extensively in my life for years, I have coached other people among the ranks of life coaches and outside as well, and I look forward to making use of the experience I have gained in these practices to meet you wherever you are in your journey, and help to fill your need to feel whole.

My Methods

:wrench:
In order to help you best, I will not only provide my own expertise and skills, but also teach you mindfulness techniques, exercises for unifying mind and body, and an expanded perspective on yourself. Once learned, you can carry these tools with you into other aspects of your life and use them to transform your outlook and the way you live.

Here are a few examples of the particular tools we’ll use:

• Breathing exercises
  • Personalized guided meditation
  • Identification of thought patterns, both dysfunctional and empowering ones
  • Voice dialogue (embodying a mindset or pattern of behavior in order to speak from it)
  • Witnessing (observing things without emotional or psychological attachment)
  • Reframing of pain and insecurity
  • Gratitude

More important than all these tools, though, is this: Great teachers have said that the greatest gift you can give someone is to be fully present in the moment with them. My guarantee to you is that you will have my undivided attention, and I will be present with you. I listen fully and deeply, I relate and empathize well, and I leave my opinions out of my work.

Who Can Benefit?

:person_in_lotus_position:
I work best with people who are upfront and honest about what they want and how they feel, who are willing to honestly apply themselves to personal work through the methods I provide, and who are interested in fostering mutual respect throughout our process together. My approach fits people who feel weighed down, or broken, or stuck, or constantly overwhelmed, or stretched too thin. My approach will even fit well for people who feel like they’re at a good place in their life, but look forward to giving themselves that extra degree of spiritual freedom and clarity that will carry them into the next chapters of their life. I work with big stuff and small stuff. If you have been wondering whether your reality is really what it seems to be, and get nervously excited at the thought of throwing it all to the wind, I can help you let go of your reality and venture deep beyond what most people can comprehend. If all you want is just to find some way to love yourself at the end of the day, then I can help you with taking the little steps toward what you need.

A Few Things I Don’t Consider When Accepting New Clients

:reminder_ribbon:

• Your ethnicity
  • Your sex
  • Your sexuality
  • Your looks
  • Your religion, or lack thereof
  • Whether you have a criminal record
  • Your social status
  • How much money you make
  • Your position on political and social issues
  • Your IQ
Let’s Talk!

:speech_balloon:
It’s important that you feel comfortable with me and my vibe before we make any agreements or commitments, which is why I offer a free 30 minute session to anyone interested; just so we can chat informally without any coaching work, and you can feel things out and see if I’m the kind of person you want to work with—it doesn’t even have to be a consultation, just a chance to establish rapport and get acquainted. I’m laid-back, easy to talk to, and ready to help you in your spiritual adventure. Please shoot me a private message so we can set an appointment. I look forward to meeting you!

Also, please feel free to ask questions about me and the work I do by replying below. Someone else might be wondering the same thing! I warn you, though: I have a really dry sense of humor. :wink: