Art Lessons- Painting, Drawing, and More!

Ask me anything

Hi! I’m Kayleigh from Mt. Clemens, Michigan, and currently living in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I help people experience the joy of creating art. I teach many things including oil painting, acrylic painting, drawing, ink, digital painting, and much more!

My website | Instagram | LinkedIn

Oil painting by myself.

I charge a fee for lessons. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $25 / hour

Packages

• Price: $80 / month (4 sessions a month)

Payments accepted

• PayPal, Venmo, CashApp, Square *

How to buy

• Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

What’s a fun fact about you?

I have two cats, one dog, and three rats as pets.

What can you talk about for hours?

I love learning and like to have discussions about scientific things, especially using statistics and facts.

What’s your favorite smell?

I love the smell of crayons.

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

I have always been proud of where I have come from. My family did not have very much money growing up, however, my parents worked multiple jobs to make sure we were cared for.

What’s one super power you would NOT want?

To read another person’s mind, I think it is very important that everyone has their own private spaces to work out things.

What is the most normal thing about you?

Does breathing count?

What do you hate?

I hate feeling helpless, I like to be somewhat in control or be with someone who is in control.

Anything else that you’d like to share?

I like to have fun! I like to take opportunities and learn.

In my words

My teaching style

I think it is very important to experiment and make mistakes. Usually, in my longer courses I teach, the first day is spent pushing the medium we are learning. We use many papers, sometimes we push the medium so far that we tear the paper. This allows us to get to know the medium and gets us comfortable with the medium.

Check out my YouTube channel Here to get an idea of my teaching style.

Digital painting by myself.

What can you expect from my lessons?

You can expect to have fun and begin to know the processes to get to the final product you desire in your artwork.

Why me?

I have taught a variety of students ranging from ages 4 to 100 years old. Along with a wide range of ages, I have also worked with a variety of students with cognitive or physical ailments. I truly believe that anyone can be an artist, it just takes time and practice.

Why I’m passionate about this?

As cheesy as it may sound, I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon in my hand. I am fortunate enough to have a supportive family that has always encouraged me to go into the arts. I have gotten my BFA in Illustration and am currently working on my teaching certificate in Michigan as I have been working as an art teacher for k-8 students for the past year. I love art, I love the way it makes me feel, and love sharing that experience with others.

What else I can do?

I am also a professional illustrator available for hire! Message me for more information.

Ink drawing by myself.

1 Like